Miami fills HC vacancy in 12 hours

their DC...initially hired at Temple, but Miami wants him apparently, so, Temple gets a few bucks out of the deal...you could be right about losing some recruits...we'll see...and,

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!
If $4 mil is “a few bucks”.

Not even 24 hours after Richt retires??? Was this guy their OC?? This is baffling. Miami gonna lose recruits in a bad way and they will go 5-7 next year...
I find it funny that you don’t even know who Manny Diaz is, yet you think it’s going to kill Miami’s recruiting this year and make them suck next year lol.

Who’s to say that Richt didn’t let his AD know a month ago that he was leaving? Or that they were going to get rid of him? They could have had this all worked out already.
If that’s the case, there’s now way Miami would have let Diaz go to Temple.......none.

Reactions: hmhawk
I find it funny that you don’t even know who Manny Diaz is, yet you think it’s going to kill Miami’s recruiting this year and make them suck next year lol.
I don’t follow the U lol. I’m a TN guy!!! Lol. I still think they gonna be worse next year than this year was...

Reactions: feathersax
Does his first class of signees at Temple get out of their LOI? Gotta be one of the shortest tenures ever

Carlos Diaz...maybe...???

Knowing Mr. Class, Mark Richt, he probably told the AD two months ago that he would perhaps be retiring.

They already had that one all lined up.
I'm pretty sure the AD told Richt he was retiring, and Diaz wouldn't have been in Philly if he had known.

Miami paid a big salary and a big buyout to Temple to essentially promote their own DC (no HC experience). Lol @ these ADs.

When did Mike Hamilton take over down there?
There was probably not yet a signed contract

$4 million is nothing these days for the U or any other major college/university. Structure payments..............kind of like when you file bankruptcy :)

Go Vols!

$4 million is nothing these days for the U or any other major college/university. Structure payments..............kind of like when you file bankruptcy :)

Go Vols!

Warren Sapp had the black Lincoln Navigator to swing by the Temple campus with a cardboard box full of $100's.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol

VN Store

Back