'21 MI OT Rayshaun Benny

He attends the same school that produced former Tennessee running back John Kelly.

First-year defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh is serving as the Vols’ primary recruiter for Benny, and he said last month that he believes Tennessee is moving in the right direction under third-year head coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“I feel like they’re going up,” Benny told Wiltfong last month. “You see them getting a lot of recruits. I feel they’re about to have their turnaround.”

“I’m not making a decision till I get some officials down and might just have to wait it out all the way ‘til signing day,” Benny said at the time.

“Build-wise, he looks like an inside-outside swing guy on the hoof,” Trieu wrote. “Has played both sides of the ball in high school and plays with tenacity and has good functional strength already. Runs his feet on contact and plays with good balance. Has good feet and athleticism in pass protection but has to get stronger in his punch and improve hand technique. Can play guard or right tackle in college.

“Natural athleticism and intangibles are that of a multi-year Power 5 starter and will have an opportunity to play on Sunday.”
callahan

VN Store

Back