'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

lol....it's a lazy take.

basically, what i get from most of these posts about being upset about hte recruiting boils down to this:

"they suck until they don't".

and we really don't even care who the "they" is anymore. if they're at UT, they suck....until proven otherwise, but whtever measure one deems important today lol.

this fan base, rightfully so mind you, has been beaten down so bad, that we don't even care who's over there anymore. they just suck, and they will suck until. don't care about why. don't care about context.

just go win, make me happy, and if you don't, you suck. need to fire you, and bring in the next guy that'll suck, and i'll do the same thing with them....until one day we finally get it right and we INSTANTLY become great.

L o freaking L.

we ain't making grits people.

makes too much sense. and requires too much thought for some. much easier to say "they suck".
It would be easier to give the benefit of the doubt if they made a hire that engendered belief. UTAD leads us to believe that we can't get a proven head coach and then A&M shows everyone how it's done. I keep hearing about how great the staff is but most of these guys come from programs where the top talent was there when they arrived. I don't know how well they can coach em up when they aren't starting with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars. I also don't know how well they can recruit at programs that aren't already winning 9/10 games or more per season. Not to mention guys like Chaney and Tee have prior history here that cannot be ignored, and it's not all good. One thing working in CJP's favor is that the number of people who gaf about UTK football is in steep decline and the lack of pressure will probably get him a 4th or 5th season that he might not have gotten 7-8 years ago.

It would be easier to give the benefit of the doubt if they made a hire that engendered belief. UTAD leads us to believe that we can't get a proven head coach and then A&M shows everyone how it's done. I keep hearing about how great the staff is but most of these guys come from programs where the top talent was there when they arrived. I don't know how well they can coach em up when they aren't starting with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars. I also don't know how well they can recruit at programs that aren't already winning 9/10 games or more per season. Not to mention guys like Chaney and Tee have prior history here that cannot be ignored, and it's not all good. One thing working in CJP's favor is that the number of people who gaf about UTK football is in steep decline and the lack of pressure will probably get him a 4th or 5th season that he might not have gotten 7-8 years ago.
LSU’s top two were Fisher and Herman. They pay their DC $2 mil plus a year. Why isn’t Fisher or Herman listed as their HC? Because you’re simple and unbound by reality...and your hiring philosophy is even moreso. As long as there’s free will, you don’t just want a coach get a coach. Look at Florida (and you) drooling over Chip Kelly like he’s an Instagram model...and he sucks! 😏

Just to clarify, my prediction previously was on Tennessee, but this one obviously has been trending toward the Wildcats for a few weeks now. I just decided not to change my Crystal Ball pick until I made sure nothing happened with the Georgia visit this weekend, because I didn't want to make a Kentucky pick last week and then have to change it to Georgia on Sunday or this morning. But I've heard nothing so far that would suggest the Bulldogs changed his mind over the weekend during his official visit to Athens.

All signs still point to Kentucky being the likely choice for Rogers, who took an official visit to Tennessee last month
Callahan

Because it's Kentucky. Why would anyone choose Kentucky over Tennessee or Georgia for that matter
It feels like he's trying to hype up his recruitment, get as much attention as possible from the big time programs. What better way than to commit to UK in May?

Serious question: do you actually think that the TAMU and UT programs were/are on equal footing?

Spoiler alert: Quality coaches don't choose a HC job in a vacuum. TAMU was (and still is) light-years ahead of UT in all facets of a program, and that's why they had their pick of quality coaches. How this is still a mystery to some posters boggles the mind.

Reactions: jwilliams

VN Store

Back