Met Fulmer

gatorhater1509

Eat More Gator
I wasn't ready and was hammered, but got to meet the man at the Preds game tonight. It was truly special for me as the last time I met him was when I was 8 after the national championship game in 98. It's not thread worthy but was special to me. Go Vols!

Attachments

• AB672A3B-EF8D-4E1D-82EC-3978B3012D42.jpeg
    AB672A3B-EF8D-4E1D-82EC-3978B3012D42.jpeg
    660.3 KB · Views: 274
I wasn't ready and was hammered, but got to meet the man at the Preds game tonight. It was truly special for me as the last time I met him was when I was 8 after the national championship game in 98. It's not thread worthy but was special to me. Go Vols!
I shook his hand a few years ago at a USCe game in Cola, SC, when he was not even officially a part of the program. He is a gracious ambassador for everything Volunteer, and UT would be crazy to not keep him around as long as he wants to stay. The ultimate VFL, in my opinion.

You could have just posted the pic and we would have figured out your first sentence lol.

So THAT's where CPF went following the recruiting celebration at Marathon Music! He made a nice but brief speech to us, then left. They said he'd talked to the TN State Legislature earlier in the day, so he finalized the trek to Nashville with you, eh? :)

I was in Knoxville for work a few years back and before flying out, I stopped into Barleys in Maryville for a cold one. Fulmer and his wife sat next to me. Didn't bother him, but as conversations at the bar area go, he gave me the recommendation to try the Belgium style beer on tap at the time.

I haven't met him but I know a few people that have and they all talk about how engaging he is. One guy (UGA fan no less) played in a golf tournament and said now I know why he killed it in recruiting back in the day. Said was about nicest guy he'd ever met. Oddly enough, a friend that is an Auburn grad met him and said the same thing.

I shook his hand a few years ago at a USCe game in Cola, SC, when he was not even officially a part of the program. He is a gracious ambassador for everything Volunteer, and UT would be crazy to not keep him around as long as he wants to stay. The ultimate VFL, in my opinion.
That's where I met him too. Had to be probably around 2011.

Dang it! I was at the game. Where was he? In a box i assume. Wish I could have met him. I am jealous.

i got to meet him at a conference in gatlinburg 2009, he was guest speaker. he was still pissed about getting forced out, but very classy .

Met him walking around campus two semesters ago, shortly after he’d hired Pruitt, talked to me about our school and how he felt about our new football hire (optimistic), I talked to him about growing up a fan of Vol football during his years as coach. Great guy

Whatever anyone thinks of what Fulmer has done at UT, I have never heard anyone say that anything but that he was warm and friendly when they interacted with him. Always a polite gentleman.

Reactions: MikeVol44

VN Store

Back