Menu suggestion for the weekend

Save the money you’d spend on food and buy a ticket to the game. Coach Heup and the team will be serving up a fresh @ss whipping. I can promise you an overpriced hot dog washed down with Gator tears is better than any BBQ even a man with your credentials could make. BYOB for those in attendance.

Reactions: feathersax
Had BBQ last week. This week supposed to be cooler temps.
I think homemade chilli with Mexican cornbread sounds good.

proxy-image

Smoked one at a tailgate a few years back and decided to cook a full gator. My recommendation is to buy the fillets. This took a lot of work, which killed my buzz, and it was really more of a novelty. I have 5g and some gator meat to turn in to gator bites at this year's tailgate.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
It would be awesome if they served gator in neyland when we play Florida.
I knew a guy that has a food trailer during the NC State Fair. He introduced gator on a stick (13 years ago) on his menu. He sold out the second night and had to make several special trips to Florida to re-stock. Quite popular. Personally, though, I don't eat reptiles! 😂

(wife told me he sold out first night. 😁)

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytop989
I knew a guy that has a food trailer during the NC State Fair. He introduced gator on a stick (13 years ago) on his menu. He sold out the second night and had to make several special trips to Florida to re-stock. Quite popular. Personally, though, I don't eat reptiles! 😂

Yes, I'm that guy, you do eat reptiles if you eat fish. Seriously, I had gator gumbo in Louisiana a few decades ago. Liked it. However, this game day, I'm BBQ-ing a goat leg, served with corn mac-n-cheese, fried okra bites, turnip greens (with chopped turnip added), garlic toast, and Modelo beer.

VN Store

Back