Mental Toughness Down the Stretch

Unimane

I'm not sure we have this right now. The last 7 minutes of the game, they went on a 21-6 run and we went 2-13 from the field, plus missed a ton of free throws, had multiple turnovers and were generally late to loose balls and rebounds. I saw complete lack of poise tonight and the same nearly happened at Pitt, too. I wonder how we will react in tough nip and tuck games because the two losses (though one unofficial) we had complete collapses by our team in all areas.

Who is the go-to leader of this team?

You ask that question and you wil probably get a few different anwsers, there is no consensus emotional leader.

We completely mailed in the second half and deserved to get beat.

Who is the go-to leader of this team?

You ask that question and you wil probably get a few different anwsers, there is no consensus emotional leader.

We completely mailed in the second half and deserved to get beat.

Melvin and Tatum are the leaders of the team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1 leader mr goins that's all. hopson pulled another one of his stunts. he reads the headlines too much

Also, I will be extremely happy when Josh Bone comes back. I am generally ok with Little Pearl because he usually plays a pretty solid game and serves his purpose, but I still question the McBee scholarship. Pearl gave into the yokels and offered the kid because so many raised a stink, but he is just terrible. He still can't shoot, which is supposed to be his specialty, and is continually the weak link. Unfortunately, the kid is like Stephen Garcia and will be here for 46 years.

Melvin and Tatum are the leaders of the team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Strange answer and thought.

I think Tatum is talented and Melvin has given it his all. Tatum disappeared in the second half if I recall. I don't remember him doing anything that is.

I think they tried to force it down low too much and when it wasn't working, they refused to take outside shots.

As much as I love Pearl, I thought he was out-coached with the game on the line.

Last edited:
Steven Pearl had a very nice stretch of games but committed two really bad fouls when we lost the lead.

We had to lose to someone and Oakland is a good team for sure. Should we have won this one? - sure - will it kill us? - absolutely not. We need to take a loss like this and learn from it... and as long as we do, then march will be a fun time for our bball team and our fans.

Strange answer and thought.

I think Tatum is talented and Melvin has given it his all. Tatum disappeared in the second half if I recall. I don't remember him doing anything that is.

I think they tried to force it down low too much and when it wasn't working, they refused to take outside shots.

As much as I love Pearl, I thought he was out-coached with the game on the line.

0-10 shooting threes in the second half does not lead to continuing to take outside shots.

0-10 shooting threes in the second half does not lead to continuing to take outside shots.

this tennessee team isnt going to win a 3point shootiing contest against many teams i am affraid. we need to continue to run a good half court offense. and shoot the three when we are absoultely open.

How do you distinguish "mental toughness" from "focus"?

At a key point down the stretch, as the game was slipping away, Brian Williams got fouled and then the game went to time out. When play resumed, on his first free throw, he barely drew iron on the front of the rim.

Is that due to poor "mental toughness"?

VN Store

Back