Memphis lost 3 to portal does CRB get any ?

I can't even tell if Rick is pursuing any transfers.
He doesn't seem to be - not aggressively anyway.

Reactions: DocVol
I’ll have to confess.,,I didn’t even know they had played the NIT and was playing golf with buddies on Tuesday and they were laughing about attending the NIT Championship Parade. That’s when I heard Memphis had beaten MSU in the NIT. Not sure if it’s on me not knowing or if it’s just such a minuscule deal that had very little interest. I’m inclined to think the latter.

I’ll have to confess.,,I didn’t even know they had played the NIT and was playing golf with buddies on Tuesday and they were laughing about attending the NIT Championship Parade. That’s when I heard Memphis had beaten MSU in the NIT. Not sure if it’s on me not knowing or if it’s just such a minuscule deal that had very little interest. I’m inclined to think the latter.
It was only 16 teams this year instead of 32, and the whole thing was played in Nowhereville, TX. Usually, the final 4 of the NIT has at least some prestige as it's played in NYC. This year it was just much more of a footnote than it usually is.

Reactions: tennrich1
Portal, speaking of them I heard there were over 1200 players in the Portal for D 1-2-&3 BBall. Could be a whole new Industry for the Recruiting services re-rating with stars etc....

Reactions: scvolfan7
It was only 16 teams this year instead of 32, and the whole thing was played in Nowhereville, TX. Usually, the final 4 of the NIT has at least some prestige as it's played in NYC. This year it was just much more of a footnote than it usually is.

Frisco isn't quite Nowhereville, but your point still stands.

Reactions: butchna and wtmvol
The NIT is owned by the NCAA as a part of another antitrust case the NCAA couldn't defend or win, such that the NIT will never be what it once was, it will always be a footnote to the NCAA tournament results for the year

Frisco isn't quite Nowhereville, but your point still stands.
Business is booming. Self contained budding sports mecca. If Jerry had it to do all over again, the stadium would be over here.

Reactions: VolGee4
Well there was only 16 teams in the NIT this year not the normal 32

VN Store

Back