Memphis charged with multiple level 1 violations

If you like living in one of the most dangerous cities in the US. They are anywhere from 1st to 5th in every study published.
Every city has their problems....But overall, it's a great place,lots to do and enjoy. But with your poor attitude don't think we would want you here either..

Every city has their problems....But overall, it's a great place,lots to do and enjoy. But with your poor attitude don't think we would want you here either..
No it’s a trashy ghetto with tons of crime and corruption. All the rich people live outside of it for a reason

Reactions: louandali55

I get what your saying but when you consistently rank at the top in every bad category don’t paint it to be the place to go.

I just moved away from one of these places a year ago. There’s nothing nice about it other than when they try and cover it up with a clean up and “family focused event”

Reactions: Rickyvol77
No it’s a trashy ghetto with tons of crime and corruption. All the rich people live outside of it for a reason
There are certainly areas of the city where one does not go but I’d wager there are similar areas in Nashville and Knoxville. Just a few more In Memphis. But that’s an inaccurate statement on the “rich” folks. Sure there’s plenty of wealth in Germantown and Collierville. However there is just as much or more left in East Memphis, Shady Grove and Central Gardens. Plenty of old money left in those areas. The differences in Memphis are just a lot starker. Not as much middle ground.

There are certainly areas of the city where one does not go but I’d wager there are similar areas in Nashville and Knoxville. Just a few more In Memphis. But that’s an inaccurate statement on the “rich” folks. Sure there’s plenty of wealth in Germantown and Collierville. However there is just as much or more left in East Memphis, Shady Grove and Central Gardens. Plenty of old money left in those areas. The differences in Memphis are just a lot starker. Not as much middle ground.

You ain't kidding. It's an interesting city for sure. The area you mentioned is one of the most unique places I've ever been. Could see boarded up shotgun houses and multi-million dollar mansions only a few blocks apart.

Overall, I loved Memphis. Lived there for 8 years. Great food, amenities, and affordability. The crime sucks though. So do the schools. Every place has its give and takes.

VN Store

Back