Memphis 😂😂😂

Okay, well maybe you can understand this: You have a chance to make the tourney. They didn’t. No excuses, you either make it or you don’t.
That’s not even close to what you were trying to say. This post s accurate but your other assertion that if you didn’t make it meant you absolutely are not better than some that did make it was flat wrong. And, to be clear, I completely understand what the tourney is about and I love it. But it was never intended to be a tourney of the best 68 teams. Ever.

and the backtracking begins......
What backtracking? Every team has a chance to make the ****ing tournament. Memphis did not. Memphis played in the NIT and y’all are trying to make them out to be this awesome basketball team that in reality didn’t accomplish jack ****. Y’all also decided to deliver asinine statements about how they were better than teams in the tournament. Good GOD!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
That’s not even close to what you were trying to say. This post s accurate but your other assertion that if you didn’t make it meant you absolutely are not better than some that did make it was flat wrong.
Dude, you are not better than anyone in the field if you didn’t make it. Again, that’s like saying: This team or that team didn’t make the playoffs but they’re better than a certain team in the playoff. It’s a ridiculous statement. Memphis did not make it. They aren’t **** dude. I mean, if it impresses you that a team makes a run through the NIT against lower than average competition, then here’s to ya, but you’re wrong.

Dude, you are not better than anyone in the field if you didn’t make it. Again, that’s like saying: This team or that team didn’t make the playoffs but they’re better than a certain team in the playoff. It’s a ridiculous statement. Memphis did not make it. They aren’t **** dude.
I couldn’t care less about Memphis. Never mind. If you don’t understand that it isn’t the best 68 teams I can’t help you. It’s about guaranteeing every conference has at least one representative to have an opportunity at the madness. There are probably 15-20 better teams that didn’t make it.

I couldn’t care less about Memphis. Never mind. If you don’t understand that it isn’t the best 68 teams I can’t help you. It’s about guaranteeing every conference has at least one representative to have an opportunity at the madness. There are probably 15-20 better teams that didn’t make it.
I understand how the tournament works, but making excuses for teams that got “screwed” is a bunch of bs.

Actually, they did. Keep reading.

I’ve read because I had posted in the thread before the tournaments started. The discussion was about how well they played because they won the NIT. One poster said “Congratulations” to them, and people got bent out of shape. Whatever. I guess talking objectively about other teams is forbidden, and anyone that does so suddenly becomes a fan of that team.

No one inferred they love Memphis.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I’ve read because I had posted in the thread before the tournaments started. The discussion was about how well they played because they won the NIT. One poster said “Congratulations” to them, and people got bent out of shape. Whatever. I guess talking objectively about other teams is forbidden, and anyone that does so suddenly becomes a fan of that team.

No one inferred they love Memphis.
Why congratulate a piece of **** like Penny Hardaway who has openly disrespected the University Of Tennessee on more than one occasion?

Why congratulate a piece of **** like Penny Hardaway who has openly disrespected the University Of Tennessee on more than one occasion?

It was one poster...holy moly. They played well down the stretch, but it doesn’t mean I root for them. They were a better team than Wichita State late in the year, but that doesn’t mean they deserved to be in the NCAAT either. Just a bit sensitive.

Reactions: BreatheUT
And when did they play “good” ? Was this before or after they were rejected by the tourney selection committee? I legit ask because who in their right mind watches the NIT especially this year...
Anyone that enjoys competitive Basketball.

Reactions: Tnphil
Why are folks so up in arms about Memphis basketball?

People started out this thread laughing at Memphis for not making the NCAA. I get it.

Anfernee Hardaway probably ain't the answer. Wishful thinking on Memphis's part. They hired a high school head coach because he used to play for Memphis and probably because he fit a demographic.

Then Memphis went on to accept an NIT birth which is all they probably deserved. But they played well in that tournament and won the championship. You don't play in the NIT to lose. As a matter of fact, Cuonzo accepted NIT births at UT and lost to Mercer and MTSU (I'm glad that guy moved on).

Do I still think Memphis is a pedestrian program? Yes, I do. Do I still want UT to clobber them every chance we get? Yes, I do.

Some of you have to realize that being objective is ok. You don't have to sacrifice the facts because you root for a side. They finished like all teams want to - by winning the last game. It is better than losing it.

Reactions: Kas232323
This thread is hilarious. Memphis is a solid defensive team but their offense is still meh. They MIGHT be better than a few NCAA tourney teams now but it’s not many. Congrats to them for winning the NIT but the competition is definitely not on the same level as the NCAA tourney. They played MS State for the NIT championship. Let that sink in. I don’t hate Memphis since I grew up liking them as the hometown team. My allegiance is just more to UT since I went there.

VN Store

Back