Memphi$ Tiger$ mad about paying players

Penny Hardaway had better start winning or he'll be on a nuclear hotseat. The NIT Tournament wont be enough for Tiger High fans who think Penny will be the savior of Tiger High men's basketball.

I'm sure the Tiger apologists will be here to blame the NCAA soon. The Tigers arent in the Top 100 in recruiting and are behind such powers as Kennesaw State and Grand Canyon.

Careful, G League will come after Tennessees 5 Star players as well.

I dont disagree. I just see the irony in a program that has had 2 Final 4 vacated and a coach accused of cheating by TSSAA and NCAA complaining about losing out on players who were bought and paid for.

Methinks this is David Cobb (the former Memphis beat writer) trying to do the Tigers a solid to deflect from their season and their sub Kennesaw State recruiting class..

When your hires John Calipari (2 final 4s vacated), Josh Pastner (caught cheating at GT) and Tic Price (banging coeds) dont make the holy trinity....

I get the first two but banging coeds is just a stupid reason to get in trouble.

Are they adult and equal members of society or are they children who need protected from men?

I could understand a professor who has direct control over your grades and long term future but a coach has absolutely nothing to do with a person's grades etc.

It's just another we are equal but need coddled double standard.

I get the first two but banging coeds is just a stupid reason to get in trouble.

Are they adult and equal members of society or are they children who need protected from men?

I could understand a professor who has direct control over your grades and long term future but a coach has absolutely nothing to do with a person's grades etc.

It's just another we are equal but need coddled double standard.

He also assaulted the coed in question as well....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Maybe these coaches should have a discussion with NCAA baseball coaches who have dealt with this for a while. Strange only the coaches that want to have a one and done loaded team (who really thinks most of those kids are students) are the ones complaining. Hey I got a novel idea. How about doing some breakdown of skills and potential of a player and maybe develop a little talent like 99% of the rest of college coaches do. Complaining seems to be the MO of Penny now. THANK YOU LORD CRB is our COACH!

Maybe these coaches should have a discussion with NCAA baseball coaches who have dealt with this for a while. Strange only the coaches that want to have a one and done loaded team (who really thinks most of those kids are students) are the ones complaining. Hey I got a novel idea. How about doing some breakdown of skills and potential of a player and maybe develop a little talent like 99% of the rest of college coaches do. Complaining seems to be the MO of Penny now. THANK YOU LORD CRB is our COACH!

Yeah, I know it's a crazy thought, but would it not be pretty cool if collegiate athletes were going to school in order to obtain an education? And those who want to "take thier skills" to the professional ranks do so? The opinions of decidedly "farm system" head coaches (PH, Cal, K) are not only extreme minority, but should be ignored. They have turned the University into a NBA Farm System. I have zero problem w Farm Systems. Just go elsewhere to do so.

Honestly, if all 32-34 "5*" players all chose each and every year to join the G Leauge, leaving all the rest to go get their education while playing, then CBB would still be 100% Amazing. IMHO, Universities should be first and foremost about education, with athletics enhancing that experience.

Dana Kirk, Larry Fitch, and Penny Hardaway --- The (Un)Holy Trinity of Memphis basketball.
Dana Kirk was a good recruiter. Sure money played into it. Finch & Hardaway great players. Wouldn’t give up on Hardaway yet. Calipari was best. If Rose could have hit a free throw Memphis would have had Nat Champ.

Why must these guys try to control young athletes decisions by making rules and regulations to where they can and can't go? It's not tampering at all, all they do is offer these kids opportunity. It's their decision. The way I read this is Hardaway pleading to the NCAA to let him pay more money than the NBA.

Why must these guys try to control young athletes decisions by making rules and regulations to where they can and can't go? It's not tampering at all, all they do is offer these kids opportunity. It's their decision. The way I read this is Hardaway pleading to the NCAA to let him pay more money than the NBA.
I side with the colleges,universities and head coaches on this I do not want the NBA and the G League to destroy college basketball.

I side with the colleges,universities and head coaches on this I do not want the NBA and the G League to destroy college basketball.
How will it destroy it?

Everyone always looks at the negative. The way I see it, these kids who are going to go to the NBA early anyway. The only reason they go to college anyway is because of rules keeping them out. Let them get out of the way and use that scholarship on the B rated player who will actually use that education. Who knows, maybe that B player becomes a A+ by year 4 on goes on to a career HOF player. He only got the chance to be at a school with top level coaches because the A+ player went on to find out he wasn't as good as everyone thought and is out of the league in 3 years.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back