Media bias?

He was relaxed because Vescovi took over. His energy from the get go was above anyone on the court. Took his teammates about a half to catch up, but when they did, Duke was not a match. We all knew we needed one player to really carry the team. Vescovi didn’t have the most points, but he was MVP, don’t mistake it. If James could find that for the stretch, look out. ON got infected and you see the results. At this point it’s really up to the players. Probably the least amount of coaching Barnes has had to do. Other than managing the foul count, he just let them play.

True but Barnes pressed all the right buttons with rotations and out of bounds plays.

Yet. :)

I love Bert but I really miss Tim Priest.

Those guys are great. A.W. Davis and Bill Anderson were really big shoes to fill! I would love to have heard John Ward's call of yesterday's game.

We can spout media bias now, but only because we never knew anybody else call Tennessee games back in the day. I turned my radio up and the tv volume down every. single. time. Those of us that can remember are spoiled in that regard.

Last edited:
SVG only calls college games in the tournament and CBS is not at risk of losing the rights any time soon so you will get different play by play analysis in March. That said, SvG is wrong. That would have been a blocking call if the offensive player had not extended his arm while driving...point of emphasis and has been called that way all year along with lowering the shoulder into a moving defender. SVG should learn the college game more or stick to the NBA. Can't stand his stupid voice anyway...his brother got the brains in that family.

If you lower your shoulder, the charge calls itself. Van Gundy knows that. You're exactly right. He's been watching Lebron and the other NBA divas too long.

Well, I'm tired of seeing dozens of articles online since game ends that start Duke, Duke ,Duke and then go into a wordy rehash of what they didn't do. Not one article says anything like...TN bitch slaps and curb stomps a less talented over hyped program!

The ESPN write up after the game focused on how physical UT was and how they forced a smaller Duke team to play their style of basketball. Talked about how Duke got punched in the mouth within the 1st couple minutes by a bigger, stronger, more experienced team.

CBS’s announcers desk called our win over Duke the 2nd biggest win on Saturday, only behind Arkansas knocking out the #1 seed defending champions.

Reactions: brockytop
You could hear Steve Van Gundy grunt when Duke missed a FT towards the end of the game. Idk if that’s rooting for Duke or rooting against Tennessee, but it’s not professional as a “non-biased” commentator.
You could also hear Stan Van Gundy on the broadcast.

Those guys are great. A.W. Davis and Bill Anderson were really big shoes to fill! I would love to have heard John Ward's call of yesterday's game.

We can spout media bias now, but only because we never knew anybody else call Tennessee games back in the day. I turned my radio up and the tv volume down every. single. time. Those of us that can remember are spoiled in that regard.
This is the truth. I have no hate for Bob and Bert, but I don't have the love I had for John Ward and Bill Anderson either.

Reactions: ksgovols

VN Store

Back