'21 MD LB Aaron Willis (Tennessee signee - In the portal)

He was only a freshman. I would agree if you were talking 3 years in the program, but I think some of our fans have unrealistic expectations.
He was still behind this spring and had fallen behind Herring on the depth chart….. kid can still improve but he was headed in the wrong direction.

Reactions: lenoxvol and bpvol
SIAP

Can anybody name a player (or players) who transferred from UT and became big time contributors? I’m sure there were some but I just can’t come up with any off the top of my head.

Reactions: UTMVol76
SIAP

Can anybody name a player (or players) who transferred from UT and became big time contributors? I’m sure there were some but I just can’t come up with any off the top of my head.
Key Lawrence
Henry To'oto'o
Quavaris Crouch
Ty Chandler
Key Lawrence
Eric Grey (meh)
Malachi Wideman
Joe Doyle
Will Ignont (meh)
Marcus Tatum
Ryan Johnson

Well damn. Had high hopes for this kid at one point. Now our LB core is even thinner. We seriously need help at the position. Be nice to find a portal guy, but if nothing else, need to recruit hard for the next class.

Well damn. Had high hopes for this kid at one point. Now our LB core is even thinner. We seriously need help at the position. Be nice to find a portal guy, but if nothing else, need to recruit hard for the next class.

I just hope he finds a landing spot. So many don't.

Reactions: JT3
Josh Ward said today that leaves only 9 players from Willis class left on the team.

That's crazy!!! Hard to fill out a roster when "your first" recruiting class after 1 year is already down to 9 kids. It will take 2 more classes to build the depth we need to compete the way we want to.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That's crazy!!! Hard to fill out a roster when "your first" recruiting class after 1 year is already down to 9 kids. It will take 2 more classes to build the depth we need to compete the way we want to.
The transfer portal really helps as well.

The transfer portal really helps as well.

It does but again, we can only take 25 initial counters after this year going forward unless the NCAA makes another exception. I think we will be where we need to be depth wise after we bring in the 2024 class.

The PWOs have helped as well and I'm curious to see how many of those guys can develop into being productive players.

Reactions: Sammy Joe
It does but again, we can only take 25 initial counters after this year going forward unless the NCAA makes another exception. I think we will be where we need to be depth wise after we bring in the 2024 class.

The PWOs have helped as well and I'm curious to see how many of those guys can develop into being productive players.
You can take up to 32 now. 25 recruits and 7 transfers

VN Store

Back