'21 MD DE Monkell Goodwine

Did someone say "good wine"?

hooch.jpg

“Right now everything in the recruiting process is going well for me so I'm enjoying it,” Goodwine said. “I’ve been talking to coach D from Tennessee. He's putting a lot of pressure on me right now and we're talking almost everyday now. Coach O at Tennessee has been recruiting me hard too. Communication is key with me.

“Also, at Alabama I've been talking to coach Sal and the new defensive line coach,” he said. “We've been chatting a lot. Alabama is recruiting me hard. LSU, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M are showing a lot of love. I talk to coach Robinson from Texas A&M a lot. Coach Johnson from LSU is a cool coach.

“Oklahoma shows a lot of love and Aaryn (Parks, my former teammate) is down there too,” said Goodwine. “I don't usually have a regular conversation with a lot of head coaches but coach Riley talks to me like he really wants me. I talk to coach Riley a lot and I look at that kind of differently because I don't really talk to a lot of head coaches like that. I talk to a few of them like coach O from LSU but with coach Riley, I can talk to him about anything. When I try to talk to a head coach from a different school I feel like it's scripted sometimes but when I talk Riley it's like there's nothing scripted between me and him. He keeps it real. He talks to me about a lot of things. Coach Thibodeaux and I chat a lot too. Oklahoma is definitely up there.

“I’m gonna take three officials during the spring season and I'm going take my last two officials during the season,” he said. “I’m going to take some official visits to Oklahoma and LSU. Texas A&M will get one too. Those are three schools that are definitely going to get official visits. Alabama will as well.

“I want to do a silent commitment,” Goodwine said. “I’m gonna do a silent commitment and then sign on Signing Day.”

RIVALS' REACTION...
Just a couple months ago Alabama seemed like the heavy favorite for Goodwine but Oklahoma and Tennessee have worked really hard to make this recruitment much less clear from the outside looking in. The Sooners have a great connection to Goodwine’s school and so does Texas A&M. Both programs signed a former teammate of Goodwine’s and both will be leaning on those relationships as the process rolls on. Alabama prioritized Goodwine early on and it doesn’t seem like they’ve taken their foot off the gas but other programs as now working just as hard as they are. Tennessee is the only one of the five that Goodwine touched on that wasn’t guaranteed an official visit so the Vols still have work to do before they’re considered one of the favorites.

- Adam Friedman, Rivals

Where can I get some good wine? Lmao

SORRY, I’m doing 2.0 marajuanas and I can’t function and I think everything is funny now.

Didn’t read the article but I can tell he isn’t seriously considering us based on highly ranked he is.

VN Store

Back