McCullough to STAR

I've been watching Theo Jackson's plays from 2021, and I can't but think Jaylen McCullough would thrive in the role. He's not a deep cover safety imo and he needs to be in the box. The more I look at the the new athletes on the team, the more I feel like we need that on the field now. And Tank is a good player. He had 50 tackles and 3 ints last season

At STAR i think he would have like 70 tackles 4 ints and 3 sacks!

My staring Lineup is
SDE Barron 6'5 265
DT Bumphis 6'3 300
DT Thomas 6'4 310
LEO Young 6'3 245
SLB Mitchell 6 '2 230
ILB Banks 6'1 230
STAR McCullough 6'0 210
CB Hadden 6'1 195
CB Charles 6'1 190
S Flowers 5'11 200
S Turrentine 5'11 195
( 5 In-State guys)

I really like the skill and speed of this starting unit.

Beasley and Burrell will probably start the season but will gradually give way.

I LITERALLY said this MONTHS AGO!

Reactions: LittleVol
No.
8-4. We still have the 5th hardest schedule in the country.
Getting Dixon was huge. Like Hendon's transfer, or signing Bryce Thompson 3 months after NSD.

This added talent with a defense returning a bunch of guys that played will make a huge difference.

I think we outlast Pitt now.
Toss up with LSU, and losses to Bama and UGA.

FIFY

Reactions: HalfullVol
If we want to be good at stopping the run, Elijah Simmons has to step up and be that anchor at DT.
Thomas, Bumpus, and Eason would be the 3 Technique DT. But Simmons, Garland, and Terry would be the 1 technique NT. Need someone to command double teams at that spot.

Last edited:
Wow. "Outlast" Pitt? IMHO, it will be a bad sign if the Vols do not monkey stomp Pitt. They lost a ton at WR and lost the QB who basically turned the game last year. I don't think their D can stop UT's O.

Interesting that you think LSU and UGA on the road are toss ups but that UT loses to Bama and UF at home.

Gonna be fun for someone to revisit this prediction.
He’s throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks. An old proverb

Reactions: sjt18
I think Banks gets these boys in the top 30 defense this season.

There's a lot of veterans on this defense.
If we have a top 30 D, I’ll go ahead and book a NY6 Bowl tickets now. No way we go 8-4 w/ a top 30 D. That’s 10-2 or 11-1 and potentially winning the East.

One play that sticks out to me is when he was literally in perfect position against South Alabama and somehow the ball found the receivers hands.

I LITERALLY said this MONTHS AGO!
Yeah, statistically he put up good numbers, but he struggles a lot when being asked to cover a side of the field. He needs to be used for all the same stuff Theo was doing for us last year. Free him up to make more plays and effect the pocket. Like we used Eric Berry his junior season

Yeah, statistically he put up good numbers, but he struggles a lot when being asked to cover a side of the field. He needs to be used for all the same stuff Theo was doing for us last year. Free him up to make more plays and effect the pocket. Like we used Eric Berry his junior season

We def agree herre. let him cover the short stuff and play the run. cover TE's. covering wrs, he struggles greatly at doing!

VN Store

Back