McBride Transferring to Blinn JC then Lamar Univ

Dobb’s has been on the field what, once? Peterman was a starter. He bombed, but he was a starter nonetheless.

BOT, Dobbs ain't done yet! I'm hoping Pittsburgh is in position week 17 where a win doesn't matter and they want rest Big Ben. I don't want him to get hurt but it would great to see Dobbs play with the starters. Who knows, Ben could retire this year.

So what? The guy wasnt good enough to see the field. So he will go to a smaller school, with a much easier schedule and play well. Peterman had 1 really good game at Pitt. So name the other TN QB that transferred, balled out, got drafted and played well in the NFL.

It’s not just QBs. Jalen Hurd. Preston Williams. Those two had great seasons. Plus Vic Wharton did well after UT. All left UT and found greener pastures. Good for them. I’m sure there’s more. Either get on the train or get off at the next stop. I don’t hold a grudge against any player who doesn’t want to stay on the train. Would rather them get off and free up a scholarship than stay aboard and be negative.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
Will mostly likely kill it, go to a big 12 or ACC school and kill it and get drafted. Seems to be a Vol trend, good luck to him.

Will mostly likely kill it, go to a big 12 or ACC school and kill it and get drafted. Seems to be a Vol trend, good luck to him.
Wasn’t going to do it here. He gave it a fair chance.

Reactions: UTK
I commend him for it, could of went to Memphis and be in a much betterrrrr position to play but he wanted the challenge of a big time program. Hats off to him

Reactions: butchna
So my question is, why would he only have 2 years since he played as a freshman but didn't play this year. Would he not be eligible for redshirt this year?

So my question is, why would he only have 2 years since he played as a freshman but didn't play this year. Would he not be eligible for redshirt this year?

I have not read the NCAA transfer rules lately but I think he has to stay at the JUCO for a year before going to another school. His clock is running the whole time.

Everybody has five years to play four. One of those has been used these past two seasons and another is required to sit out a transfer (if he goes to a fbs school) or to play JUCO. Two is the max with him enrolling at Blinn.

Good luck!! Can't help it, I like the cut of his jib. Overachiever w/ big heart.

And we see how well that experiment turned out. I am sure he had a fall back plan.

Pretty sure he graduated from Pitt and yup, he stunk it up in Buffalo. Doesn’t change the fact that he transferred out and did well enough to get drafted. Would he have been drafted if he stayed here?

Dude made the pro’s, made some money and has stories to tell his kids. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Pretty sure he graduated from Pitt and yup, he stunk it up in Buffalo. Doesn’t change the fact that he transferred out and did well enough to get drafted. Would he have been drafted if he stayed here?

Dude made the pro’s, made some money and has stories to tell his kids. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with the fact that he wasn’t going to accomplish any of that at UT with a better QB ahead of him, either.

Point taken

Will McBridetransferring to Lamar University. Basically heading back home, and to an FCS program so he is eligible to play right away. Smart move on his part. I hope does so well he ends up being drafted. Classy good-bye to Vols fans at SBNation.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back