Mays Bros. - Sullins Bros

(referring to Bernard and albert king reference)
afraid I was there to see it. heard Lefty say "We just kicked your … " to ut bench
Lefty was something else (benefitted from having Terry Holland at his side for years

Last edited:
Mike "Stop" Cofer & his brother from a different mother teammate, Mike "Go" Cofer

The Johnson story fills a glowing chapter in American family histories. First there was William F. Johnson, a good student and heavyweight boxer at Michigan State. He settled in Cleveland, Tennessee; he and his wife, Aletta, raised four sons. Three of the boys were starting centers for the University of Tennessee football team - Bob 1965-1967, Tom 1970-1972, and Paul, 1973-1975. They wore uniform numbers 54, 53, and 52.

Bill Sr. Was one of my dad’s best friends, saw Paul at the O&W game this past spring. He was undersized as a center but tough as nails. Bob played at Bradley Central with my brother in law, that was a loaded team

Bill Sr. Was one of my dad’s best friends, saw Paul at the O&W game this past spring. He was undersized as a center but tough as nails. Bob played at Bradley Central with my brother in law, that was a loaded team

Paul and Bill Emendorfer are probably my all time favorite VFLs.... Paul was a CHS Blue Raider btw! But I am a closet Bradley Central Bears fan (just dont tell no body lol). Thanks for sharing, I gladly owe you a beverage of your choice.

Paul and Bill Emendorfer are probably my all time favorite VFLs.... Paul was a CHS Blue Raider btw! But I am a closet Bradley Central Bears fan (just dont tell no body lol). Thanks for sharing, I gladly owe you a beverage of your choice.

Pretty sure Emendorfer played at CHS as well, he was a few years ahead of Paul Johnson (I think).

Bradley should be really good this year, not sure on their line play but will be loaded at skill positions.

Next time you are Cleveage let me know, I will take you to that growler shop downtown.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
Pretty sure Emendorfer played at CHS as well, he was a few years ahead of Paul Johnson (I think).

Bradley should be really good this year, not sure on their line play but will be loaded at skill positions.

Next time you are Cleveage let me know, I will take you to that growler shop downtown.

You got it! The one near 5 points and the museum?

Interesting thread on the number of brothers who followed each other to Rocky Top. Regarding the Colquitts, the 1st generation - Craig and Jimmy were cousins - not brothers. Heard a rumor Dustin has a little punter in his family. Might we see a 3rd generation in Neyland?

And as for “Stop” and “Go” Cofer, the previous poster was correct that they were not brothers; they weren’t even related. However, many may not remember that “Stop” had a younger brother, Joe, who joined him at UT. Joe was a linebacker, if I recall. Sadly, “Stop” passed away last March at the age of 58 after a long battle with Amyloidosis.

Reactions: StarRaider
Interesting thread on the number of brothers who followed each other to Rocky Top. Regarding the Colquitts, the 1st generation - Craig and Jimmy were cousins - not brothers. Heard a rumor Dustin has a little punter in his family. Might we see a 3rd generation in Neyland?

And as for “Stop” and “Go” Cofer, the previous poster was correct that they were not brothers; they weren’t even related. However, many may not remember that “Stop” had a younger brother, Joe, who joined him at UT. Joe was a linebacker, if I recall. Sadly, “Stop” passed away last March at the age of 58 after a long battle with Amyloidosis.

Wasn’t the third brother (James) the one who was involved in the Clemson recruiting violations (Terry Minor being the other player)?

Reactions: BowlBrother85
It's a Tennessee Thing...

Cade-Mays-and-Cooper-Mays-by-Cade-Mays-Twitter_ztpdjk.jpg

sullins-football-camp2-1024x680.jpg
Well, another big difference is that the Sullins brothers were walk ons, certainly not heralded recruits.

But if we're tacking on brothers, I'm sure Raleigh and Reggie McKenzie have been mentioned? And certainly the Reveiz bros? Bobby and Johnny Majors? Heath and Benjie Shuler . . .

VN Store

Back