Maymon not eligible tonight vs. Oakand

I don't think UT has ever done this to any other player.:banghead2:

So, why do we do it now and then not even give a reason for it.:bad:

Per article on GoVols.com...
fall semester grades are not ruled final until Wednesday.

So after this game tonight he should be eligible for rest of season barring any academic setbacks.

With swiper out and Maymon still not eligible, we should see increased use of Kenny Hall tonight. Gotta have someone banging in there with Benson.

Because we are taking extra precautionary steps due to the NCAA taking a hard look at us for prior violations.

Because we are taking extra precautionary steps due to the NCAA taking a hard look at us for prior violations.

WTF?

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what's going on here. He's either eligible or he's not. Right now, he's not.

Tomorrow, he will be and he will play the next game.

You can't take precautions with a guy who is as of now INELIGIBLE. UT administration doesn't give a rat's ass if the basketball program is in trouble or not.

Last edited:

Maybe hat can fill in the blanks but I remember Dickey and Crew sticking it to CKO concerning one Isiah Victor.

This whole thing is a JOKE! He passed all his classes, professors back that up with documented grades. At first it was well there is a window that the grades can be changed, all his professors said no grades would be changed. Well that window ended today at noon. Eligible you ask?? NO, now they say oh well the grades aren't final until Wednesday. Bullcrap!!! What will the excuse be after tomorrow? Sounds to me like somebody has it for Pearl or Maymond himself but either way this needs to stop and let the guy play, he passed his classes :rtfm: and did what he had to do, this is rediculous.

That's pretty much the same as I feel. There have been many exceptions over the years they would make a player eligible after the grades can not be changed date. Maybe the provost is sending a little message to CBP. Who knows, at least he'll be ready for Charlotte, I hope.

UT grades are still not finalized. Even though all of his grades are posted, his semester would not show up on his transcript if he ordered one right now. I would bet money that Bruce and everyone knew about this months ago but they just hoped they could get around it. They very well may have been able to if we weren't under investigation. Bottom line is that no wrong doing has been or is being done. They're playing it by the book.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
to be honest, the University is kind of bsing this semester. I've never had to wait so long for all of my grades to be posted officially. On top of that, I paid my parking tickets yesterday, and CPO still says that I've got a hold for parking tickets. In previous semesters where I had to pay parking tickets to clear a hold, it was lifted within the hour that I paid them. As of now, it's been like 22 hours.

This isn't Maymon's fault, the University is just taking forever. Presumably, the snow put a lot of people/systems behind. But that's just a guess.

to be honest, the University is kind of bsing this semester. I've never had to wait so long for all of my grades to be posted officially. On top of that, I paid my parking tickets yesterday, and CPO still says that I've got a hold for parking tickets. In previous semesters where I had to pay parking tickets to clear a hold, it was lifted within the hour that I paid them. As of now, it's been like 22 hours.

This isn't Maymon's fault, the University is just taking forever. Presumably, the snow put a lot of people/systems behind. But that's just a guess.

We started this semester a little later in the month of August than usual. That's just the way the calender turns sometimes.

Maybe Im in the minority but why do you want him back so bad? I know hes a solid player but youre 7-0 and have berated two top-10 teams. Throwing him into the mix right now would alter chemistry. If it aint broke dont fix it? In the meantime, let the school dot their 'i's and cross their t's. No need to get in a rush when its apparent you dont really need hime right now.

I see what you're saying there but it's not like he just walked up on campus and wants to play, he's been practicing with them everyday. I don't think it would alter the chemistry too much. But yeah even as good as they are playing right now I think most people would love to add a 2 time Wisconsin Player of the Year to the team. At some point in time whenever that might be....

The egghead bureaucrats are just flaunting their power as long as they can. They could certify him to play if they wanted to do so. Let the pea brains have their little power trip and just go win the game.

It would be great to have him against their All American center. The BIC, (broad in charge), DOCTOR Susan Martin, has to undo the wad in her underwear, or something like that.

I see what you're saying there but it's not like he just walked up on campus and wants to play, he's been practicing with them everyday. I don't think it would alter the chemistry too much. But yeah even as good as they are playing right now I think most people would love to add a 2 time Wisconsin Player of the Year to the team. At some point in time whenever that might be....

Im just saying right now he is not needed it doesnt seem. Of course he'll be an asset when he does become eligible. The next big time game will be Memphis in three weeks. You might not even "need" him then but he should surely be eligible by then.

Im just saying right now he is not needed it doesnt seem. Of course he'll be an asset when he does become eligible. The next big time game will be Memphis in three weeks. You might not even "need" him then but he should surely be eligible by then.

This is a fairly big game. With injuries, we could certainly use another guy.

Hall needs to get it together or we will be in big trouble next year if he continues to foul every 45 seconds.

Per article on GoVols.com...

So after this game tonight he should be eligible for rest of season barring any academic setbacks.

As long as his grades are good fall sem, he's good through march no matter what. (Not team rules but as far as his UT eligibility) That said, I've decided that its best to dot them and cross them in this instance. Why rush? We've got the AA stepping on our throats? Maybe just maybe, it shows a little bit of concern and priority to compliance. (Even if it is a veil)

Since they're clearly going by the book, they should build it up as much as possible. (Imho)

VN Store

Back