Maya Moore falls short... Chamique's record stands

Volstylexx

With UCONN getting knocked out tonight, Maya Moore falls short of the NCAA record for most points ever scored in the tournament over a players career...

Chamique Holdsclaw - 479

Maya Moore - 476

Another reason to celebrate tonight! :dance2:

Yes! And no 3-peat for UCONN! Funny that ESPN was mostly just showing Maya Moore highlights instead of giving big kudos for Notre Dame. Although not an Aggie Fan, glad to see them in the final for the first time and will have to be pulling for them (cinderella). Any time UCONN is not in there it's a good day.

I hope Pat tooks some notes on these last two games--DEFENSE wins championships. And like some other poster said, quit just blaming the players; maybe the coaches didn't have our LVs prepared. Even though KY didn't go as deep as I had hoped their D made up for a lack of better talent. I sure hope Pat emphasizes Defense more next year.

I hope Pat tooks some notes on these last two games--DEFENSE wins championships. And like some other poster said, quit just blaming the players; maybe the coaches didn't have our LVs prepared. Even though KY didn't go as deep as I had hoped their D made up for a lack of better talent. I sure hope Pat emphasizes Defense more next year.

lol

You seriously are trying to give pat summitt coaching advice? Get a life bro
Posted via VolNation Mobile

that blonde lady from nd can shoot the three and finish around the basket.... diggins was awesome of course with 28 pts but the two threes by that other one put it away when she answered maya's three.. she drew a few critical fouls too

Maybe you should call her up and let her know. Just think of everything she could have done up to this point if only she had this little nugget.

Wonder if Maya's mom will have to return that condo & move back to GA now that her daughter's career at UConn is over? Incidentally, Geno's hair had that spring-back last night when he was pulling it out toward the end. Funny.

You seriously are trying to give pat summitt coaching advice? Get a life bro

Just pointing out the obvious. Not trying to give her advice, but obviously our defense sucked since they were driving the lanes on us the whole game, and it just wasn't the last game either. You could say it just wasn't the players executing, was that really the problem??? Just posing the question.

Just pointing out the obvious. Not trying to give her advice, but obviously our defense sucked since they were driving the lanes on us the whole game, and it just wasn't the last game either. You could say it just wasn't the players executing, was that really the problem??? Just posing the question.
This is absurd. D is the hallmark of Summitt's game. Offense is atrocious every year, but she keeps winning because they play d and rebound like Jerome Lane.

I just can't believe the way so many people get SOOO caught up in the now! I mean even Taurasi was calling Moore the greatest player ever although it look like it was hard for her to muster! Maya Moore without a doubt is one of the greatest ever, but even as a UT fan I have to say Taurasi is the best I've ever seen! There are still far too many more that one more championships that still factor in. Hodslcaw is a natural for the discussion, Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia "whatever he name was that played with Swoopes in Houston", Cheryl Miller, and I still think one of the most underrated players of all time is Tomeka Catchings. Thing is that Maya is fabulous and I don't think she would have the audacity to say some of the things I'm hearing.

who cares? Regardless of how many points, how many championships, who plays defense, who is better on offense, who the better coach is, etc, etc, etc.....one fact still remains.. . . . They all cost their university's untold thousands or millions of dollars each year.

Just a fact. :)

This is absurd. D is the hallmark of Summitt's game. Offense is atrocious every year, but she keeps winning because they play d and rebound like Jerome Lane.

Generally true...but not in the tournament. D was sloppy and porous, combined with average O, they were sent packing.

It should not take televised half time pep talks by Pat to lite a fire...this team seemed to need that.

Maybe you need more knowledge about basketball before you help Pat.

Originally Posted by chuck0303

Maybe you need more knowledge about basketball before you help Pat.

No need to hammer this guy...he makes a valid observation.

Wonder if Maya's mom will have to return that condo & move back to GA now that her daughter's career at UConn is over? Incidentally, Geno's hair had that spring-back last night when he was pulling it out toward the end. Funny.

Not sure about giving back the house, but I bet that the purse or was it hat business takes a hit now that Moore serves no purpose at UConn. Don't care that much about womens' basketball (respect their effort) except having wonderboy (Geno) lose, it's always a good day.

With UCONN getting knocked out tonight, Maya Moore falls short of the NCAA record for most points ever scored in the tournament over a players career...

Chamique Holdsclaw - 479

Maya Moore - 476

Yep. Once again, Pat Summitt comes out on top. :clapping: :)

I just can't believe the way so many people get SOOO caught up in the now! I mean even Taurasi was calling Moore the greatest player ever although it look like it was hard for her to muster! Maya Moore without a doubt is one of the greatest ever, but even as a UT fan I have to say Taurasi is the best I've ever seen! There are still far too many more that one more championships that still factor in. Hodslcaw is a natural for the discussion, Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia "whatever he name was that played with Swoopes in Houston", Cheryl Miller, and I still think one of the most underrated players of all time is Tomeka Catchings. Thing is that Maya is fabulous and I don't think she would have the audacity to say some of the things I'm hearing.

Candace

Chamique Holdsclaw - 479

Maya Moore - 476

Another reason to celebrate tonight!

:dance2:

Sweet!!! Glad it happened like this.

That's the way it was when PS was in her prime. Now as a result of poor evaluating and recruiting, the LVs aren't able to play man defense. Team speed and quickness are nowhere near what they had until about 2000. CP carried the LVs to a couple of NCs, but there just aren't many players like Candace.

Notre Dame didn't expose the LVs problems. Georgetown did that early in the year with their quick guards and pressure D.

I was enjoying a delicious bowl of Curds and Whey while I was watching Lil Miss Muffet beat down Geno the Clown. love it! BTW....nice tears Geno, you D-Bag!

Yeah, they really did a great job of stopping them driving to the basket play after play--NOT!

Chamique Holdsclaw - 479

Maya Moore - 476

She stepped into it,and tried to beat Holdsclaw,and all she did was
faildunk-o.gif

FAIL

VN Store

Back