Max Carter on the realignment of College Football

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
Caveat... This is my son. UT alum, college of Civil Engineering. I'm guilty of dragging him to UT games since he could walk. College football is in his DNA.
If it sounds like I'm bragging, yes you are correct. He has come up with a brilliant system to make college football more competitive and interesting.

Here are some highlights:

• Gets rid of major conferences while preserving rivals.
  • Gets rid of selection committees for the playoffs (no more "style point" blowout games...that won't help)
  • The level of competition mostly (except for preserved traditional rivalries), is based on how good you were last season. The "Goods" beat on the "Goods", and the "Bads beat on the "Bads". That way, it's hard to stay on the top, and also hard to stay on the bottom.
  • End of season play similar to SEC basketball tournament the week before Christmas. Buy a ticket for 4 days worth of football in the Georgia dome.

He put a TON of thought in this and even presented a draft of it to Roy Kramer at his house. (How he set that up, I'll never know). Kramer's impression was favorable and he spent about an hour in there talking about it.

Have a look if you are interested and please comment. Also he reminded me.. Enough likes and subscribes and he might get rewarded.

Thank you.
Note: There is a 23 minute all inclusive video, containing all the parts, and 4 parts of the same thing, just broken out by subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh and AllVols
Conferences are country clubs. You don’t dissolve them, they dissolve themselves if they choose to. You don’t just join a conference. You’re asked to join the club. They make the decision on how much money they get and from what source. They chose to follow the ncaa rules.
Football is a confederacy not a republic

Reactions: 05_never_again
The only way to break up the good ol' boy club (conferences) is the prospect that there is more money flowing via television. This plan would drive the bookies crazy because the teams would be more evenly matched, and harder to predict the spread. I agree, this may never see daylight, but it's the best example I've seen so far of the "Utopia" college football could be.

VN Store

Back