Maurer takes over at some point this season

NEO

Eat at Joe's
Maurer starts at some point this season and keeps the starting the job. Yes, he made some bad mistakes today but he just has the IT factor.

He is way better than J.G. but needs some time to adjust.

Agree....go on record now.

Disagree....go on record now.

We will then find out who is right at the end of the season.

Maurer starts at some point this season and keeps the starting the job. Yes, he made some bad mistakes today but he just has the IT factor.

I've been on record for a while now about this. Yes, I agree with you.

He'll give this program an energy it hasn't had in a while. We're very fortunate to have him.

I watched JG intently both on the field and on the sidelines hoping I would see a new and improved version of him, but here are some things that lead me to believe it’s the same ol’, same ol’.

- His first few series were uneventful, unproductive and ho hum..
- At the end of the day, it’s all about getting the ball in the end zone. Not sure he’ll ever be the guy that can make those crucial plays when needed..
- He still doesn’t get the ball out on time and never will. Just doesn’t have a sense of urgency. - However, he only had 3 interceptions last year
- Still a sitting duck.
- Here’s my biggest issue: If you’ve played team sports, you’ll understand this: Yesterday, JG was sitting on the bench and on several occasions, coaches and players came over to talk to him. On each of these occasions, JG aloofly turned his head and stared in a different direction with a “leave me the **** alone” smirk on his face. Prima Donna..
- Just don’t see us beating good teams with him at the helm, and I still don’t think he could start for any other SEC team. However, today....he’s our best chance to win.

Maurer -
- I obviously didn’t like the picks, but do think Maurer has potential and a good upside.
- I liked his energy, enthusiasm, sense of urgency and his quick and accurate release.
- I liked the fact that he makes things happen. He’s dynamic. I liked that he drove the team down the field on his first possession and scored. Didn’t like that we couldn’t punch it in.
- I like the fact that he senses breakdowns and instead of just taking a sack, he picks up yards with his legs. His scrambling ability brings a new and exciting dimension to our offense.
- Hope he keeps improving..

Last edited:
Maurer get in the weight room-I agree with post from
[B]Evergrenevol[/B]-saw the same things we saw that year we played Ga. Tech. Maybe that's his coping mechanism. Don't really know not on the sideline but it is telling. You did see JG walking off the field having a conversation with his OC at end of game and that body language looked positive from him with his OC. I do agree with the IT factor from Maurer hopefully that helps him one day as both a player and his future endeavors

I agree. Pruitt will want to see if he can add a legitimate downfield passing game. This is possible if the QB can hit the hot routes when needed, something JG has shown an inability to do consistently.

Reactions: Titan05
Bad QB again couldn't be factor?

You think the OL would protect another QB better than JG? Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to throw a young inexperienced QB out there behind that OL.

This is where I start understanding the guys saying some here hate JG. It may not be ALL the OL, but it's enough of the problem you don't make this type of change unless JG gets hurt. IMO.

So I disagree. JG is the starter all year unless he's injured.

We're all hopeful we've found the next Peyton Manning in a freshman QB. That's hard-wired into our brains by our shared history, by the way Peyton emerged in his freshman season.

So we see signs of a new superstar easily. Perhaps too easily.

I hope Maurer is a superstar. I hope Shrout is, too. I also hope JG comes on blue blazes this season and lights up the scoreboard in dazzling lights. The linch pin that makes all of that logical is Team. It's all about the team succeeding, winning, prevailing.

Maurer is inconsistent. Coaches have noted that (about him and Shrout). Needs to fix that first. Will he before the end of the season, and then get consistent play time? The former, hope so. The latter, only if JG isn't doing great.

So: first: we need JG to do great. That's hope #1. If that doesn't work out, THEN we need Maurer or Shrout to find consistency and come on strong.

Last edited:

Way better? Dude threw two INTS against the 2nd team defense. If he takes over this season, it will only be because JG got hurt. I'm not denying he has potential but just to say he's better than JG at this point is comical.

VN Store

Back