Maui is free!

In all of my (my kids’) interactions with guys on the team, they’ve all been very gracious, and I just want them to succeed for them. Yes, I’m enjoying the ride too — don’t get me wrong. But the older I get, the more I see them as just college kids… and while I want them to win, I’m mostly just glad that they can be an inspiration to my kids and give me another excuse to cheer for the Big Orange.

I know they put a lot of pressure on themselves, and there’s no escaping that. But I hope they feel more support than pressure from fans… it’s not everybody, but I think there are a lot of people like me out there.

💯

In all of my (my kids’) interactions with guys on the team, they’ve all been very gracious, and I just want them to succeed for them. Yes, I’m enjoying the ride too — don’t get me wrong. But the older I get, the more I see them as just college kids… and while I want them to win, I’m mostly just glad that they can be an inspiration to my kids and give me another excuse to cheer for the Big Orange.

I know they put a lot of pressure on themselves, and there’s no escaping that. But I hope they feel more support than pressure from fans… it’s not everybody, but I think there are a lot of people like me out there.
This post deserves it’s own thread.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
6-4-3, I think that is mine. Not the faithful on here but the drive bys on here and other social media. There has to be an unreal expectation on the kid to succeed today.

And I think the more I listen to these guys talk on Stache Talk about the pressure they are under and the mental stress, I cringe on the way we talk about them and treat them. It is like at times there are people who lose the fact that these are young men, human beings, and not just numbers on a jersey. I heard a couple of players talking the other day and one said I just want to be called by my name and not some nickname someone gave me. That never clicked with me. Some of them are never referred to by their real name anymore but just a nickname.

There’s two sides to every coin though. They’re at a school that has an abnormal amount of spotlight put on its baseball program. They should be happy about that, because plenty of other baseball teams don’t have that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Apologies for not reading 8 pages to double-check for your errors.
I'm sorry, didn't know reading about 10 posts down on the same page to see the correction on my part to be that exhausting for you. It must be hard reading one post a day and being worn out after.

6-4-3, I think that is mine. Not the faithful on here but the drive bys on here and other social media. There has to be an unreal expectation on the kid to succeed today.

And I think the more I listen to these guys talk on Stache Talk about the pressure they are under and the mental stress, I cringe on the way we talk about them and treat them. It is like at times there are people who lose the fact that these are young men, human beings, and not just numbers on a jersey. I heard a couple of players talking the other day and one said I just want to be called by my name and not some nickname someone gave me. That never clicked with me. Some of them are never referred to by their real name anymore but just a nickname.
i wonder how many like being called CMo, Doe, Vollie Fingers, Jassy, Z, etc. Sometimes I think nicknames should be amongst the team, but I suppose some prefer the nicknames. Regardless, they should be respected and not criticized bc they don’t bat .500, hit HRs every game, and have sub 1 ERAs. These young men work very hard and aren’t just numbers on a jersey. Words matter—even those written on the internet by nameless “fans”. It‘s awful to think some of the team feels that fans have turned on them. Those aren’t fans, they are ignorant trolls.

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx

VN Store

Back