Maturing needed quickly

You better read it again

He disparaged both etsu and MTSU. Two teams that regularly beat our ass

He also said MTSU was talking trash on our field earlier which was right before the interview... As for his comments what was incorrect.... Tennessee should never lose to our little brothers.... man up Tennessee

He also said MTSU was talking trash on our field earlier which was right before the interview... As for his comments what was incorrect.... Tennessee should never lose to our little brothers.... man up Tennessee

If you think it's ok to disparage your opponent in the media then Just say it. We can agree to disagree

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
As far as the new recruits coming to campus in the fall of 2018,,,,I think it will be a lot like the Univ. of Arkansas way,, bring in 20-25 new kids in the fall,, find out who can do what, tell half of them or less to go to juco team,,,and some of the others to find another team..Most D1 schools are doing this very thing every year...and I am not saying its right either...It is going to be an absolute dog fight in the fall,,,I believe,,and a lot of those freshmen won't know what hit them,,some will be alright,,But it will definitely be a stressful fall for all the players...and a bad december for a lot of them after their exit interviews.....I mean seriously,,,we have 25 coming in,,A Redshirt transfer from the Univ of Miami, that is already here in school..that makes 26 total,,,You know he didn't bring the Miami kid in to just sit and go to school... We can keep 35 in the spring,,a lot of shuffling will be done for sure..Im sure he will probably redshirt some of the freshman kids coming in also.

As far as the new recruits coming to campus in the fall of 2018,,,,I think it will be a lot like the Univ. of Arkansas way,, bring in 20-25 new kids in the fall,, find out who can do what, tell half of them or less to go to juco team,,,and some of the others to find another team..Most D1 schools are doing this very thing every year...and I am not saying its right either...It is going to be an absolute dog fight in the fall,,,I believe,,and a lot of those freshmen won't know what hit them,,some will be alright,,But it will definitely be a stressful fall for all the players...and a bad december for a lot of them after their exit interviews.....I mean seriously,,,we have 25 coming in,,A Redshirt transfer from the Univ of Miami, that is already here in school..that makes 26 total,,,You know he didn't bring the Miami kid in to just sit and go to school... We can keep 35 in the spring,,a lot of shuffling will be done for sure..Im sure he will probably redshirt some of the freshman kids coming in also.

One thing I learned regarding this that surprised me. Any player brought in in the fall on scholarship counts that year against the teams limit even if they leave at Christmas. Meaning they can't bring in 25 scholarship guys and cut it in half. Walk ons yes but not scholarship guys

Yes, BruinVol,, that is correct on the scholarship kids being what they call a counter, (meaning their scholarship counts for that whole year),,But ,,they can be cut,,thats for sure. If they think they have a walk on thats better,,,they can cut a scholarship kid,,happens every year somewhere..now they can't give that money to another kid in the spring but if the kid leaves the school..they don't spend that money either..Now I'm not saying he would cut that in half... but cut a couple??? yes i can see that..and what about the kids that are here?? And remember its 26..and we have 36 on the roster,,,which I'm counting the Miami kid twice here ,,but dang,,,i think we will loose 3 kids to the draft for sure,,from what I've read,,and we only have 2 seniors and 1 RS junior,,Jackson,,

Yes, BruinVol,, that is correct on the scholarship kids being what they call a counter, (meaning their scholarship counts for that whole year),,But ,,they can be cut,,thats for sure. If they think they have a walk on thats better,,,they can cut a scholarship kid,,happens every year somewhere..now they can't give that money to another kid in the spring but if the kid leaves the school..they don't spend that money either..Now I'm not saying he would cut that in half... but cut a couple??? yes i can see that..and what about the kids that are here?? And remember its 26..and we have 36 on the roster,,,which I'm counting the Miami kid twice here ,,but dang,,,i think we will loose 3 kids to the draft for sure,,from what I've read,,and we only have 2 seniors and 1 RS junior,,Jackson,,

I would love to know how many of the 25 are walk ons. I betting a lot. Planning to bring scholarship guys in and cutting a number of them every year would be hurtful for apr

I would love to know how many of the 25 are walk ons. I betting a lot. Planning to bring scholarship guys in and cutting a number of them every year would be hurtful for apr

Yes I completely agree ,, I just can't see all those kids being scholarship kids..But the 3 draft kids will probably go,,I would if i was them,,a lot can happen in 3 years. I know these scouts are wanting these kids young now,, put them in the system for 3 years and see how they progress..I really think he will be redshirting some kids also,, what do you think?

There's always scholarship dollars available-open market, academics, etc. Obviously not as much as private schools but with a calculator crazy things can be coordinated...Besides, for some being a preferred walk on can be enough. In the end, the recruiting tactic is stacking; What I bring in cannot be used somewhere else.

Last edited:
I feel for the players and fans. We deserve so much better. Vandy’s coach has taken them to 12 straight ncaa’s with a title and runner up. Lowly sisters of the poor vandy wow.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel for the players and fans. We deserve so much better. Vandy’s coach has taken them to 12 straight ncaa’s with a title and runner up. Lowly sisters of the poor vandy wow.

This is where people are not aware. Vandy basically has all their players on full rides. Being a private school plus other little things allows them to really be a step ahead in that area. Yes, going to Omaha and getting players drafted high helps, but the $$$ is where it started.

Reactions: 2 people
This is where people are not aware. Vandy basically has all their players on full rides. Being a private school plus other little things allows them to really be a step ahead in that area. Yes, going to Omaha and getting players drafted high helps, but the $$$ is where it started.

Indeed. And you just sent out the Bruin signal.

Question-could the University offer instate tuition rates to out of state players? That alone would knock a huge chunk of $$ off tuition and make scholarship structuring a lot easier.

No unless its common market

Exactly, and CM is not much of a bargaining tool when recruiting out of state players. Not to mention, two of the larger baseball states Florida and Texas do not recognize the program. TN will always have an uphill fight against Vandy for certain geographical recruits.

Maybe a selling point should be...UT higher tuition but earlier opportunity to contribute-wonder what that is worth???

Exactly, and CM is not much of a bargaining tool when recruiting out of state players. Not to mention, two of the larger baseball states Florida and Texas do not recognize the program. TN will always have an uphill fight against Vandy for certain geographical recruits.

Maybe a selling point should be...UT higher tuition but earlier opportunity to contribute-wonder what that is worth???

For elite recruits like we need it doesn't mean much. They think they are playing early everywhere

Shifting a gear...solid showing by our pitching staff the past 4 games-although I'm not sure we played a D1 program today. Question I have can those 5 pitchers carry us this weekend in Oxford? Not sure I agree not getting some additional arms up and working.

Shifting a gear...solid showing by our pitching staff the past 4 games-although I'm not sure we played a D1 program today. Question I have can those 5 pitchers carry us this weekend in Oxford? Not sure I agree not getting some additional arms up and working.

I agree that we need to get more work out of the pen. I don’t foresee too many complete games in conference. Also, W. CAROLINA is a strange squad. Only 1-15 now but played Louisville close 2 out of 3 and has been a NCAA tourney team pretty recently.

JMO but I don't think TV is worried about developing his BP. He knows if his core group can't get it done he is going to lose those games and he knows a roster flip is coming.

JMO but I don't think TV is worried about developing his BP. He knows if his core group can't get it done he is going to lose those games and he knows a roster flip is coming.

I hadn't thought about it like that, but you may be on to something. It has been curious that he has not given more of the pen innings during the easy stretch.

That's one theory...I'm going with ego.Yesterday's game was a joke regardless of the Louisville series and Cincinnati was an opportunity to give the ace a closing role and boost his confidence. How quickly that hot air balloon will be hitting the ground after this weekend. Anderson has another 3-4 guys in the pen that can throw and throw well. Leading into conference play they needed to stretch the arms out not get headlines.

VN Store

Back