Matt House as DC (KC Chiefs)

Baba_Yaga78

A name that has been discussed by Erik Ainge and Brian Rice (whatever you think of them, they're more connected then most of the "insiders") as a name to be a strong possibility for the staff here. (maybe D.C.)
Don't know anything about him myself but the Googles says he might have left for the NFL because college was too stressful. If thats the case I would hope D.C. wouldn't be in play, maybe L.B.s instead. What have y'all heard of him and his transition from college? And his coaching history or style/fit here.

I don't think NFL assistants to college DC/OC positions has ever really worked out well.

Not to say we might get lucky, but we need a proven DCat this point, and Heupel and AD Dr. Danny White don't seem like the gambling type.

I think they both know that the DC position is going to probably be make or break for the Heuper-Speed style of offense that CJH likes to run, especially in the SEC.

I don't think NFL assistants to college DC/OC positions has ever really worked out well.

Not to say we might get lucky, but we need a proven DCat this point, and Heupel and AD Dr. Danny White don't seem like the gambling type.

I think they both know that the DC position is going to probably be make or break for the Heuper-Speed style of offense that CJH likes to run, especially in the SEC.
House was DC at Kentucky before going to KC. Well thought of at Kentucky.

House was decent and serviceable when he was DC at Kentucky, but I dont think he'd be the homerun hire we need to compliment a Heupel offense. If he came in at LB coach and MAYBE a co-DC I'd be good with it, but we need a more proven, "throw the bank at them" type of DC.

House was DC at Kentucky before going to KC. Well thought of at Kentucky.

If he went off to be the DC at that level, yeah, I could see it happening, but he's not. To me that says he is isn't ready to be a DC again, and we shouldn't be the team to give him another shot at being one.

Reactions: photovol
House was decent and serviceable when he was DC at Kentucky, but I dont think he'd be the homerun hire we need to compliment a Heupel offense. If he came in at LB coach and MAYBE a co-DC I'd be good with it, but we need a more proven, "throw the bank at them" type of DC.

Who the hell is available in February that we would pay and come to this program that is about be sanctioned?

“Heuper-Speed.” I like that.

Who the hell is available in February that we would pay and come to this program that is about be sanctioned?

I wouldn't count out Kevin Steele for 1, but if youre looking to poach someone I think a Morgan Scalley or a Jerod Mayo paired with someone like House would be a good pickup.

Would be a solid hire and get the attention of recruits, not spectacular and not bad, but will have NFL next to his coaching pedigree. Would likely keep Crouch and Henry T here. No idea whether or not he is in play.

It is kind of refreshing that we aren't hearing things early for once. I guess we will know tomorrow, but good they are announcing after the super bowl where we will be the only news of the day. Will be interesting to see as Danny White is trying to control the narrative and keep things from getting out first like the previous coaching searches.

Reactions: GlennTenn

There is an article out there about Chad Walker as a possibility. Also NFL to College but he has spent time as a DC back in the day and began in the SEC under Saban as an AC.

Defensive coach profile: Chad Walker has ties to Josh Heupel, Nick Saban

Reactions: Cathead Biscuits
It is kind of refreshing that we aren't hearing things early for once. I guess we will know tomorrow, but good they are announcing after the super bowl where we will be the only news of the day. Will be interesting to see as Danny White is trying to control the narrative and keep things from getting out first like the previous coaching searches.

I for one like how Dr. Dan is handling things. It's refreshing and let's our Administration set the narrative instead of hearing every talking head and fan bashing our hires before they really have a chance to get announced in the job let alone do the job.

What about college DC’s to NFL assistants then back to college DC’s? Do that one, explain your answer and get back to me. 😎

Reactions: preacherwebb
If he went off to be the DC at that level, yeah, I could see it happening, but he's not. To me that says he is isn't ready to be a DC again, and we shouldn't be the team to give him another shot at being one.
🤨 Wut?

Reactions: Ratvol

I think it's adorable that so many still think we are in any kind of position to make a "homerun hire" of any kind right now. Our best bet is to either find a young diamond in the rough or find an under the radar seasoned coach who's ready to take the next step. The term "homerun hire" simply does not apply to us right now.

It was his choice to leave.... Kentucky tried everything to get him to stay.

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back