Mass Effect Remake

Anyone else really looking forward to this one? I think we have a little over a month.
I will get it. I get a hankering once a year or so for a new play thru (with the same choices).

I am hoping the changes beyond graphics and combat in 1 are minimal.

I will get it. I get a hankering once a year or so for a new play thru (with the same choices).

I am hoping the changes beyond graphics and combat in 1 are minimal.

From what I have read, they are keeping to the original story as much as possible, just updating the world(s) and whatnot. I do hope they put some other stuff in the Citadel,

I'll being getting it at she point. Got to work through some of my back log first. I'm still working on Ghost of Tshushima. Having a kid has cut into my body game time as well.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Too little too late for me. If they had put this out around 2015 or 2016 I would've been interested but in 2021 these should be full blown remakes ala Resident Evil 2 and 3.

I just replayed the trilogy with all DLC on PC in summer 2019. Still holds up. Overhauling the combat in ME1 will be a nice change, though. It's really archaic in the original version. ME2 and ME3 still control beautifully, though.

I just replayed the trilogy with all DLC on PC in summer 2019. Still holds up. Overhauling the combat in ME1 will be a nice change, though. It's really archaic in the original version. ME2 and ME3 still control beautifully, though.
that and the 1,000 or so pieces of equipment you constantly have to sort thru in 1.

Reactions: Aesius
I'll being getting it at she point. Got to work through some of my back log first. I'm still working on Ghost of Tshushima. Having a kid has cut into my body game time as well.
I finished GoT back in late February and started up on Persona 5 and man, let me tell you, you'll lose 8 hours at a time on that one and not even know it.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I finished GoT back in late February and started up on Persona 5 and man, let me tell you, you'll lose 8 hours at a time on that one and not even know it.
That's a series I keep meaning to check out. Either the FF7 remake or Subnautica is next on my list.

That's a series I keep meaning to check out. Either the FF7 remake or Subnautica is next on my list.
I had wanted a Persona game since I saw a friend playing it when I was in school in Japan. I had no idea it would be so super old school JRPG in that each dungeon takes like 10 hours!

I had wanted a Persona game since I saw a friend playing it when I was in school in Japan. I had no idea it would be so super old school JRPG in that each dungeon takes like 10 hours!
Do I need to play the other ones first?

Do I need to play the other ones first?
Also, it helps if you like the actual Japanese culture/anime-type stuff. I'm not too big in most anime, but the Japanese cultural aspects are basically main story drivers for the whole game, so it can come across a little weird for some Americans. The only thing I wish it had was a way to play with subtitles so I could make the excuse that I'm studying and refreshing my Japanese while I play.

Also, it helps if you like the actual Japanese culture/anime-type stuff. I'm not too big in most anime, but the Japanese cultural aspects are basically main story drivers for the whole game, so it can come across a little weird for some Americans. The only thing I wish it had was a way to play with subtitles so I could make the excuse that I'm studying and refreshing my Japanese while I play.
I'm hit and miss on Anime. But I've seen enough stuff from over there to be past some of the culture shock, for everything but their game shows.

So far in 1 no real changes. Seems like ME1 wrapped in an ME3 skin. I have noticed some changes but I wouldnt classify it as a remaster.

One issue is they have cleaned up the UI with less prompts. But it makes first playthrough more wonky than it needs to be.

Isn't that the truth. The days of marathon gaming have become very few and far between. The stepson likes watching me play, so that buys me a little time.
I’m lucky these days if I get to play for a couple of hours of course I’m 42 now with a 5 year old it’s hard to get the time. When I was in my 20’s I could marathon game.

Reactions: Aesius

VN Store

Back