Maryland 2001

Our game reminded me of Louisville's comeback against West Virginia in the 2005 Elite Eight.

Yeah, this kind of "collapse" really isn't even that unusual in the tournament. I was actually watching that Maryland-Duke 2001 game with a Maryland alumnus. You saw the entire range of possible human emotion written out on one guy's face in the course of a two-hour basketball game. He was devastated and could barely even talk about it for two weeks.

Of course, as Hat points out, their run in the tourney next year made up for it. In fact, I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that game and he didn't even really remember it. Wow. A championship is the ultimate panacea, I suppose.

For everyone who wants to slit their wrists after last night, I would direct you to look back at the 2001 Maryland team. They blew a huge lead against Duke in the national semifinals. As I remember, the next season turned out alright for them.

Have you gone soft on us hate? If I didn't know better I'd think you actually care about others. :)

Thanx for the post. I didn't realize that. I can honestly say that this is the hardest I have ever taken a UT loss in bb. I am still a big fan of this team and our CHBBCAUTK. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back