Marvin West on Nico

I am glad to have a rising leader who is likeable.
Hendon is very respectable and an A+ person.
Getting to know Joe Milton, he is far more impressive on a personal level than I would have guessed.
Now we have the gunslinger with a smile. Exciting times are on the way.

Compare to our first impression of JGuarantano, publicly moping on the sidelines during a Monday night national game because the Junior won the job over him. It was not a great first impression.

Getting to know Joe Milton, he is far more impressive on a personal level than I would have guessed.

Compare to our first impression of JGuarantano, publicly moping on the sidelines during a Monday night national game because the Junior won the job over him. It was not a great first impression.
You just knew everything you needed to know about JG after that. I distinctly remember being like…uh oh.

Joe comes across as a very agreeable person thats easy to get along with. He has a great attitude.

The bad part is they kept the cameras on him all night...Him distancing himself from the rest of the team and sitting by himself...Not a good look!

Did not watch the game but would guess it being an all-star game. I would think these guys may just have known a few people there before the get together. Just a guess but would be hard to make a team/buddy type bond in a short stint unless it was fake. Traveling, learning the system used in this event etc. and preparing for the next series in your head, in my mind would be paramount. Like you said the camera was on him all night just not on sidelines but his play on the field. There's a lot of people who want him to fail outside of his family and Vols family.

Reactions: Tnphil

His second, third, fourth, fifth, etc, impressions weren't too good either..

Awesome article by Marvin West, as always!! Never fails to deliver. :cool:

As far as Nico goes, I think UT has scored an unbelievable QB-a #1 player that is humble, of genuinely good character, tough as nails with a warrior mentality, that will attract future high-rated recruits just by his presence in Knoxville.
He seems to really embrace the VFL attitude, and that right there will pay dividends.

Did not watch the game but would guess it being an all-star game. I would think these guys may just have known a few people there before the get together. Just a guess but would be hard to make a team/buddy type bond in a short stint unless it was fake. Traveling, learning the system used in this event etc. and preparing for the next series in your head, in my mind would be paramount. Like you said the camera was on him all night just not on sidelines but his play on the field. There's a lot of people who want him to fail outside of his family and Vols family.
Ketamine Train?

Reactions: Tnphil
Guess I'll stick with NICO until I learn (probably by osmosis) how to correctly pronounce his name:D.
ee-ah-MAH-LAY-ah-va. I had been saying ee-ah-MAH-LEE-ah-va. But who knows, maybe once we get it right we’ll find out we’ve been saying it wrong the whole time ala Guaran-TAN-o.

Reactions: tennrich1

KTrain - you do realize the poster was talking about Jarrett Guarantano - not Nico - right?

VN Store

Back