Marvin opines on the loss and our $5 million coach

The biggest difference I see is that unlike his last year at Texas, he has several upperclassmen that should have developed into better players.
Vescovi has improved, but he is the only upperclassman that has.

People at Texas didn't care for Barnes because he treated them like rags, according to the article., much like he is doing now. His time here is limited
if he doesn't turn the ship around.

In spite of what many VN posters type here, he can be replaced much easier this go around. He has a good roster to help the next coach.
Because he treated people like rags? So, you interact with him regularly and you have personal experience? You’ve seen him personally treat others like rags? The vitriol and character assassination is beyond belief.

Just because a coach has "done this for years' doesn't mean it is the right thing to do, or the effective thing to do to take the program to the next level.

IMHO, Barnes likely has gone as far as he can go at Tennessee. Firing him. or allowing his contract to run, without a replacement lined up would be a disaster, so I in no way want to change at this time. However, I would be planning his succession. if I were Danny White I'd be blocking the plan out and starting the process.

Since we are Tennessee, however, we will wait until Barnes has cratered, undoing all of the excellent progress he has made since 2017-2018 to this year before we do anything, handing the new coach a mess, and likely a huge severance package to Barnes.
Let's hope our new AD doesn't let this happen.

I'm a fan of what Barnes has done for the consistency of our program. No doubt he has placed it in a much better spot than it was when he took the job, and we can't say that about many of our previous b-ball coaches.
My hope is at some point he and our AD come to a mutual agreement when it's time for him to retire and he can continue to be an ambassador for the program.

This being said, however, I fully expect Barnes to be stubborn and not be ready to retire when/if White feels like it's time and for it to go down ugly and ESPN's lead story being "UT fires Barnes after X straight NCAA appearances."

Reactions: Native Orange
Who do you want to replace him?
Not sure but it doesn’t matter. Whomever they hire gets a few years then if he doesn’t take you to the promise land you find someone else. Exactly what every school now days does that cares. You seem to love mediocrity. You’re a loser.

Because he treated people like rags? So, you interact with him regularly and you have personal experience? You’ve seen him personally treat others like rags? The vitriol and character assassination is beyond belief.

did you read my entire post? I didn't say he treated them like rags, I said the article said he treats them that way.

My post is not vitriol. Look up that meaning. You do know how to google, I hope.

God forbid if any poster should post an opinion that doesn't agree with the vocal minority.

“Because he is treating them like rags, according to the article, like he is doing here now,” as you added your own comments. I never saw any reference to the word “rags,” either, unless I just missed it.

Not sure but it doesn’t matter. Whomever they hire gets a few years then if he doesn’t take you to the promise land you find someone else. Exactly what every school now days does that cares. You seem to love mediocrity. You’re a loser.

Making alot of assumptions about me on one question, aren't you? So, before Pearl, we wandered around in a wilderness of mediocrity for decades. Then came the too short era of Pearl. When Pearl s*** the bed, we searched and searched and found Martin, then when he left we found Donnie. That was another era of medicority. Then when he left, we found Barnes, and we are anything but mediocre, and the numbers say so. We are a nationally relevant program again. To say it doesn't matter who our next coach would be is ridiculous, especially given our history of long droughts of mediocrity. A struggling Barnes is still better than anyone you've named so far.

VN Store

Back