Marvin Austin

IDK, it is hard for a DT to start as a true freshman. I think he would be in the rotation immediately and may start by the 3rd game. Prolly not start right off the bat.

No one knows where he is going "for sure". Marvin has played the media and all of these messages boards like a violin. I think that there is a possibility that he is a Vol, about 30%. I do however believe that he will inevitably go to FSU. I like our chances, but I don't like them so well that I would bet ANYTHING on it.

Our only chance is if someone knows for sure where he is going. If these guys that claim inside knowledge that say he is UT bound are true, then we will land him. If not, he is FSU bound.

Our only chance is if someone knows for sure where he is going. If these guys that claim inside knowledge that say he is UT bound are true, then we will land him. If not, he is FSU bound.

ExVolLinebacker on Volquest.com seems pretty confident he is a Vol. He has even put his posting ability on the line he is so confident.

Austin thinks of himself as a superstar. He's going to draw attention to himself by picking a shocker b/c most don't expect him to go to UT. I don't think he'll be a vol, but based on what i just said, i woud not be surprised either.

Austin has done an excellant job of playing the recruiting merry-go round and keeping everyone guessing, and everyone will keep on guessing until he finally lets the cat out of the bag. I wouldn't be surprised by any program he chooses, heck, he may sign with Illinois, but as I've stated for awhile now I think he is a VOL and I think he has known for awhile that he is a VOL. If we are lucky enough to land him then no matter where we end up in the recruiting rankings this class has to be one the best defensive hauls in VOL recruiting history, and the offensive take ain't too shabby either.

just remember Eric Berry is ranked 3 on rivals. When was the last time we recruited a guy that high? Jamal Lewis?

It's been before they had overall ratings(on Rival's at least). Kevin Simon was #1 LB in his class but they didn't have overall rankings.

I hope your gut feelings are correct on Austin, because I don't see him being a Vol. What a cherry on the sundae he would be though...

We all want Austin to be a Vol.

I've heard plenty of net rumors that have him coming to UT, but it seems like he has kept everyone guessing.

I had a chance to meet Dan Brooks back last spring when Rivals named UT "Defensive Tackle U". I think he's a great and personable coach. I think Austin could be a beast under his guidance.

There are 4 different schools he could go to that wouldn't surprise me (FSU, UT, UNC, USC), and I'm sure their are posters on each of their boards with rumors that bring Austin to their teams.

VN Store

Back