Marvin Austin

He is just hilarious. Because he is arguing for the sake of argument. We are both saying the same thing yet he finds a way to turn it into an argument. Everyone on this board says Marvin Austin is a long shot. Then he comes in and says we are wrong because we are way behind for Austin. Yeah, duh, thats what we said. Another negative poster so cosumed to find something negative to post about that he makes stuff up. This huge recruiting class is eating at him so he doesnt know what to do.

If he does commit to UT, I believe you promised to say many nice things about Fulmer. :)

are you sure I said that? it does't sound like something I would say. I can say, though, that if Austin ends up on the Hill I will post something very, very positive about Phil (no matter how much it pains me)

are you sure I said that? it does't sound like something I would say. I can say, though, that if Austin ends up on the Hill I will post something very, very positive about Phil (no matter how much it pains me)

I think you said it context of Fulmer getting Berry, Donald and Austin. Two down one to go:)

I know I said it I was just trying to practice selective amnesia. As far as two down, well, my grandfather used to say that, "Even a lame dog catches a rabbit once in awhile."

i know its a real long shot, but i would like to know what everyone would do if we landed this guy??..I already said i'd run around naked.

I'd probably click out of the thread that I read it and go to another one I haven't read.

I didn't realize Kelley Washington was the reason that our defense sucked and that the entire offensive line was injured, along with Casey Clausen, and Cedric Houston.
I hope you're not seriously saying you don't remember the ego big enough to fill every seat in Neyland.:blink:

THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I LIKE SC...... but i mean isnt marvin austin supposedly a FSU lock? He stated earlier in the year that he was favoring the seminoles right? Or is that just something i thought i saw? But FSU needs somebody big this year this is by far there worst class in years

This just in... Kelley Washington was a frickin reciever. well duh hes going to have ego issues. i dont hear about many d-lineman having ego issues and it messing up their teams. Sapp had a huge ego and he didnt mess up anything.

Whatever you say.

I've been around long enough to see bad attitudes ruin alot of teams especially when one guy comes in and makes himself such a show that they become a constant distraction.

Maybe by some miracle I don't know about that no longer happens with highly praised athletes between 17 and 22 years old.

Whatever you say.

I've been around long enough to see bad attitudes ruin alot of teams especially when one guy comes in and makes himself such a show that they become a constant distraction.

Maybe by some miracle I don't know about that no longer happens with highly praised athletes between 17 and 22 years old.

Well he was injured in like the third or fourth game of the season. What was the excuse after that? The worst thing Washington did to UT was ruin our secondary's confidence by burning them everyday in practice.

Well i have just got word that he is practically locked up at fsu, and he loves that fact that fsu just signed amato to be a coach on the defense. they are not deep on the d-line and they send guys pro every year. just what i was told by a reliable source. i would prefer him going to fsu just bc we have to play u guys every year. but who knows, how u guys are recruiting this year u always have a shot.

I wouldn't say we are out of it by any means, but FSU does have the edge. He may like Amato as a coach at FSU, but no more than he liked Kevin Steele. Everyone has their sources and Marvin certainly has led an interesting recruitment. He has either been locked to FSU the whole time, or UT.

I am SO sick of hearing people try to pin an underachieving season on one of the only Vols that went out every play trying to overachieve. So what if he had an ego. Football is an ego sport. You try to play without one and you get pushed all over the field like some of those over-sized, under-achieving linemen that were complaining so much about his ego.

I am SO sick of hearing people try to pin an underachieving season on one of the only Vols that went out every play trying to overachieve. So what if he had an ego. Football is an ego sport. You try to play without one and you get pushed all over the field like some of those over-sized, under-achieving linemen that were complaining so much about his ego.

kelly is that you. if that makes you upset, then this isn't the board for you. sometimes alot of volfans believe you shouldn't have any opinions at all. and i think around 50% of them believe they are never wrong. i have no problem admitting when i'm wrong and so far phil hasn't proved me wrong and i believe he will prove me right again next year. but if he does prove me wrong and wins the SEC i promise kicker that i'll send phil some pies and be alot more optomistic about things.

Washington consistently gave me the impression that he was playing for the next level and to protect his future.

I think he held himself back because of it. He was probably as gifted physically as Meachem but RM played every down and didn't hold back.

Washington consistently gave me the impression that he was playing for the next level and to protect his future.

I think he held himself back because of it. He was probably as gifted physically as Meachem but RM played every down and didn't hold back.

Kelley Washington accomplished about as much in one game against LSU as Meachem did his entire sophomore season. 2002 sucked, because the team wasn't very good, not because of Washington. You can't pin an entire season on one guy, especially a guy that was injured for the majority of that season.

I don't think I am pinning everything on him. I am simply pointing out that one guy can sour a team and his attitude seemed to contribute to an already bad situation. The people to hold account for the lack of discipline that year are Fulmer and Sanders. Fulmer has repented apparently and Sanders is back at a level of coaching he's cut for.

I have heard about that and the good things is that Mr. Kennedy is one of the most reliable experts on Scout(one of the few reliable, actually).

Yeah, I don't know why you would quit your job. I don't think there are many fans that wouldn't be happy about that.

VN Store

Back