Marvin Austin

I can't see Austin at UNC. He likes the limelight and the Heels are several rebuilding years away from being a regular on national tv. UT, FSU, and USC are the schools he's mentioned where he'll get the exposure he seems to enjoy and crave.

even if Austin doesnt go to FSU, he still isnt coming here

Its FSU or UT. Thats pretty much a given. I think it is more likely he ends up at FSU. But, like a poster above just said if he does not end up at FSU then he will be at UT. He is not going to UNC, Maryland, or USC.

UT is a distant 4th

You can keep thinking that if you want. Doesnt make any difference. Reality is he is most likely going to FSU. But, the reality is also that UT is well ahead of UNC and Maryland. And, its likely UT is ahead of USC because of the distance factor.

USC has been out of it since before Christmas. Oh and I don't think that I know that.

So you don't believe Marvin when he said he called Zook up and told him that he is not interested? Maryland is just getting lipservice as the home school.

He is not going to the Illini or Maryland. I have read enough of his interviews and quotes to determine that. UNC might be ahead of UT on the totem pole. His most recent remarks are that UNC is even with FSU. So, you are warranted in saying UNC is sitting ahead of UT. Personally, I dont believe he would seriously pick UNC. But, who knows. Crazier things have happened. UT, though, is certainly sitting in better position than Maryland and the Illini. He has already told Zook thanks but no thanks. And, Maryland had a debacle on a recruiting trip he was suppose to make. They have been out of serious contention ever since that weekend.

I don't think that's possible even if the Vols get no one else. I like what they've done and who they've gotten verbals from. The only thing that could disappoint me is if a bunch of those guys defected at the last moment.

Austin's ego concerns me. It might not be a problem but OTOH Kelly Washington was one of the most talented athletes to ever pass through UT... and he helped ruin a whole season because it was all about him.

Austin's ego concerns me. It might not be a problem but OTOH Kelly Washington was one of the most talented athletes to ever pass through UT... and he helped ruin a whole season because it was all about him.

I didn't realize Kelley Washington was the reason that our defense sucked and that the entire offensive line was injured, along with Casey Clausen, and Cedric Houston.

some of you are going to be very disappointed

Who would you be talking about? I believe that most people on this board have stated that Marvin Austin would be a big surprise if he commited. Most have noticed that FSU is his most likely destination. The only difference is that most of us realize that UT is still in his mind when it comes to making the decision whereas you think UT is completely out of his mind. I think he chooses to attend a school other than UT, but I would bet money when he is making that final decision UT is invovled in that thought process.

Marvin Austin said in an article today that it was between FSU, Tennessee, UNC, and USC. He said he did not see him at a place like Alabama to put rest to those rumors.

If he said it in that order it is good that Tennessee was second. Psychologically it makes sense especially if isn't going to florida state.

I don't think that's possible even if the Vols get no one else. I like what they've done and who they've gotten verbals from. The only thing that could disappoint me is if a bunch of those guys defected at the last moment.

This just in... Kelley Washington was a frickin reciever. well duh hes going to have ego issues. i dont hear about many d-lineman having ego issues and it messing up their teams. Sapp had a huge ego and he didnt mess up anything.

I would not be suprised either way with Austin. If he goes to FSU, oh well, If he commits to Tennessee I will get up from my desk and do a little dance.

The defensive staff will be making an in-home visit to Marvin Austin later this week. Vol67 should let them know they are wasting airfare because UT has zero chance with him.

The defensive staff will be making an in-home visit to Marvin Austin later this week. Vol67 should let them know they are wasting airfare because UT has zero chance with him.

Keep that head buried in the sand

:popcorn: rickbol.....vol67 called you a dummy. And you smell like cheese.....:p

Let's not fight amongst ourselves.....

VN Store

Back