Marvel Cinematic Universe

A mini-series would have been a better option. A big problem with the movie and the characters in general is that they’re pretty lame. There’s a reason they weren’t a top selling comic book.

Welcome to a universe where all the best characters and stories have already been shown.

Welcome to a universe where all the best characters and stories have already been shown.
That’s mostly true. They did such a great job with the Avengers movies and all the side movies that it’s going to be near impossible to make movies with other characters. Everything will be a letdown. Doing series on Disney + is probably the best way to go forward.

Reactions: bignewt
That’s mostly true. They did such a great job with the Avengers movies and all the side movies that it’s going to be near impossible to make movies with other characters. Everything will be a letdown. Doing series on Disney + is probably the best way to go forward.

I disagree. We just got no way home, which was great. The new doctor strange/scarlet witch movie looks fantastic, and will likely be our introduction to the X-men,fantastic four, and who knows what else. Plenty of great characters just in those, not to mention characters coming up like blade and moon knight. I don’t see a let down personally, but that’s just my opinion.

I disagree. We just got no way home, which was great. The new doctor strange/scarlet witch movie looks fantastic, and will likely be our introduction to the X-men,fantastic four, and who knows what else. Plenty of great characters just in those, not to mention characters coming up like blade and moon knight. I don’t see a let down personally, but that’s just my opinion.
Ive loved the shows. Each having its own bread crumb.

Intro to Kang was excellent. Loki one of my fave pieces of Fiction, period. Scarlet Witch was excellent. No way home excellent. Cant wait to see the Kang the Conqueror Arc.

Negative. X-Men and it's associated characters alone has yet to be shown.

And I can agree to disagree on others but I'm excited to see a proper Fantastic Four movie and I'm excited to see where they take the Netflix characters they got back. And I'd love to see a proper Iron Fist.

And I can agree to disagree on others but I'm excited to see a proper Fantastic Four movie and I'm excited to see where they take the Netflix characters they got back. And I'd love to see a proper Iron Fist.

Don’t forget we haven’t even seen Sub-Mariner yet.

all of that would be reboots we have seen all of it already. Xmen is the only thing I could get excited about even then it will be compared to what has already been done. Origin stories again, blah blah.

If they do X-Men the way they did the Avengers characters it will rival Avengers in money making & hype. In the 90's the X-Men were the most popular Marvel Comics characters.

I can't wait to see those characters with comic accurate costumes/powers.

If they do X-Men the way they did the Avengers characters it will rival Avengers in money making & hype. In the 90's the X-Men were the most popular Marvel Comics characters.

I can't wait to see those characters with comic accurate costumes/powers.

Don think most of the XMen can carry their own films, not that that would stop Marvel.

all of that would be reboots we have seen all of it already. Xmen is the only thing I could get excited about even then it will be compared to what has already been done. Origin stories again, blah blah.

Yeah but just because we've seen it before doesn't mean it's not something to get excited about. We had seen Daredevil before and Marvel did it 1000 times better. FF has already been rebooted yet nothing worth a damn has happened yet and I'm pretty sure Marvel will do FF and Ghost Rider much better than has been done.

15-20 years ago you could have said the same for Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther etc....

This. I had never even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy and even my comic friend who has forgotten far more than I ever knew was saying that was getting ridiculous and scoffed that a "talking raccoon" will be a hit. I personally rolled my eyes when they announced Ant-Man and I remember people saying they were scraping the bottom of the barrel and that it would be the MCU's first major bomb.

This. I had never even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy and even my comic friend who has forgotten far more than I ever knew was saying that was getting ridiculous and scoffed that a "talking raccoon" will be a hit. I personally rolled my eyes when they announced Ant-Man and I remember people saying they were scraping the bottom of the barrel and that it would be the MCU's first major bomb.
I completely forgot about Ant-Man and I agree with Guardians.

15-20 years ago you could have said the same for Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther etc....
Wasn't much of a fan of strange or panther. Thor was always a big favorite of mine. Without Gunn Guardians would have been terrible. Sorry I don't nerd out just because marvel makes a movie I'm going to judge them on their own merit and I just don't think they have a lot left in the chamber. Hope I'm wrong.

Paul Rudd made ant man worth watching. Deadpool was great. It will take even more inspired casting and directing to live up to the bar.

I want a James Gunn Howard the Duck. I'm convinced he could make it hilarious. Especially after watching Peacemaker.

Wasn't much of a fan of strange or panther. Thor was always a big favorite of mine. Without Gunn Guardians would have been terrible. Sorry I don't nerd out just because marvel makes a movie I'm going to judge them on their own merit and I just don't think they have a lot left in the chamber. Hope I'm wrong.

So are you arguing against your own personal tastes or are you trying to argue whether Marvel will succeed or not? Because you started this acting like Marvel was going to start going downhill but then moved the goalposts to what you consider good. Which sorry, it's irrelevant in the discussion because Strange and Panther are hits and popular. Guardians would have been terrible without Gunn....ok...what exactly is your point? If RDJ hadn't played Iron Man it probably would have sucked. We need to go through all the movies that are great that would have sucked if they had done something different? That's a gigantic list.

It's got nothing to do with "geeking out", it has to do with you keep repeating this line of thinking and you just dismiss the evidence that doesn't fit your narrative.

So are you arguing against your own personal tastes or are you trying to argue whether Marvel will succeed or not? Because you started this acting like Marvel was going to start going downhill but then moved the goalposts to what you consider good. Which sorry, it's irrelevant in the discussion because Strange and Panther are hits and popular. Guardians would have been terrible without Gunn....ok...what exactly is your point? If RDJ hadn't played Iron Man it probably would have sucked. We need to go through all the movies that are great that would have sucked if they had done something different? That's a gigantic list.

It's got nothing to do with "geeking out", it has to do with you keep repeating this line of thinking and you just dismiss the evidence that doesn't fit your narrative.
It's all my opinion and my tastes in film. Settle down. I think Marvel has shot their best shots already. That's all. I'm sure they will keep churning out content I just don't expect much. I'll leave the thread so you can drool over everything the big mouse feeds you.

It's all my opinion and my tastes in film. Settle down. I think Marvel has shot their best shots already. That's all. I'm sure they will keep churning out content I just don't expect much. I'll leave the thread so you can drool over everything the big mouse feeds you.

I always laugh at the one who is clearly getting their panties in a wad telling anyone else to "settle down" when people don't agree with them, especially when said people combat their opinion with facts that kind of show how silly the opinion is. Considerin gyou've been beating this drum about 3 years now, I don't know....maybe just take the L.

I want a James Gunn Howard the Duck. I'm convinced he could make it hilarious. Especially after watching Peacemaker.
The guy who played Judo Master in Peacemaker might actually be the right size to be Howard the Duck.

VN Store

Back