Marta Suarez is the SEC Freshman of the Week

I really really like her game. Clean up the turnovers and she’s going to be more than just good.

Same here! I think a summer of working out with the coaches and learning the game more and the little ins and outs will benefit her because her IQ is good she is just a half step slow in making decisions. I agree when many people said that’s partially due to the difference in the level of athleticism between overseas and US basketball. I think a season of basketball and a year under her belt she will be able to take a step forward

Congratulations to her! I really liked the piece Holly Rowe did on her during the UConn game and how she was moved by the Final Four game she saw that made her fall in love with basketball even more. I think the women’s game is gaining more popularity— especially since we have some dunkers on the scene.

Congratulations to her! I really liked the piece Holly Rowe did on her during the UConn game and how she was moved by the Final Four game she saw that made her fall in love with basketball even more. I think the women’s game is gaining more popularity— especially since we have some dunkers on the scene.
loved that piece Holly did and my favorite part was when where her agency(ppl helping her get recruited) told her Tennessee was interested she went online and learned about our programs history and all the championships we won and said "Tennessee wants me??" in shock

Your coach should get a lot of credit for Suarez's play. I don't think she would start for any of the top 10 ranked teams (not because she is not talented enough) but Harper has her playing well enough to win SEC Freshman of the week. The talent is there and Harper is drawing it out of her, something your former coach had trouble doing with high school AA. Seeing how Harper can do it with Suarez, just think what she will do when she starts getting the top players in the country. She seems to be a better coach than some on here give her credit for.

VN Store

Back