Marta Suárez commits to Lady Vols

Looking at Film she understands the game well good Offensive Skill. Question is Athletic ability at this level we will find out. But I do know this I see teams like Oregon St Iowa St ect have skilled offensive players with average athletic ability get the job done. We will just have to wait and see. So welcome Marta to Lady Vol Nation.

Looking at Film she understands the game well good Offensive Skill. Question is Athletic ability at this level we will find out. But I do know this I see teams like Oregon St Iowa St ect have skilled offensive players with average athletic ability get the job done. We will just have to wait and see. So welcome Marta to Lady Vol Nation.
Remember Kellie wasnt the most athletic either,she got the job done!

Only you would jump in with something nasty within 10 minutes of the kid committing. So the better question is why? Just to clarify, I am not kidding around. You are just a flat out jerk. Guess I answered my own question there.
Good post.

Reactions: Chitownvol1129
How in the hell did you come to that conclusion??? We signed a talented player that can play immediately...

I ask that because it`s been very mute on the recruiting front for this program. As for talented player everyone on the roster is talented player. like i said i don`t know anything about her and nor do you.

WELCOME MARTA

100.gif

Contrary to the typical pile-on from my fan club, I'm not "trashing" anyone. Like I said, I don't know anything about her, other than she will be a true freshman. Since Jaz left, Kellie still hasn't addressed the team's biggest need... an experienced VETERAN point guard.
You riled up the blue hair, blind optimism mafia today. Good luck!

Welcome Marta! I wonder if she visited Knoxville and the schools of interest in person or given the Covid situation was the visit virtual?

Volnation,

It is really not that hard. Kellie has just signed a 6-2 combo guard for next season and beat out Duke and UCLA in the response. Simple response - Yeah! Welcome to the lady vol family.

Here is a highlight from one game (with all due caveats). She is a physically imposing 6'2 guard. I don' think she will have much problem with physicality. Good handle and lot of moves and good touch around the rim. She looks like a really good pick-up:

Marta highlight clip

Last edited:
Watched a little bit of one game she played in as a sophomore in high school. She didn't get any shots up in a portion I watched enough to know she is more of a 2-3. I see her as a backup for Davis and Burrell next season. In a highlight film she showed a very good three point stroke and ability to score inside.

Reminds me of Westbeld from ND a couple of seasons ago. Tough to get that from just a highlight I know, but she seems very versatile.

Reactions: madtownvol
Watched a little bit of one game she played in as a sophomore in high school. She didn't get any shots up in a portion I watched enough to know she is more of a 2-3. I see her as a backup for Davis and Burrell next season. In a highlight film she showed a very good three point stroke and ability to score inside.

At about 2:30 of this clip, she hits a string of 3 pointers and some stop and pop 3 pointers. It looks like she could be an inside to outside player, a bit like Sid Spencer back in the day.

She can bang in the low post and hit from outside. If so, she might be the Mimi Collins replacement.

From an outsider point of view, she is in no way a combo guard. I like her moves around the basket. Good with both hands. She seemed a little slow, so I’m not sure how much guard she will play at all.

No one has mentioned her defense, but it’s a big transition to college ball.

Could there be a problem with recruiting 2021 ? i`m not saying this is a bad pickup i can`t say that because i never heard of her.

So if u don't kn a player that means the player is not a great player? I'm getting tired with this fans. I've been wondering that this people that calls themselves lady vols fans are not the ones that I use to chat with. Is bunch of fakes fans here.

From an outsider point of view, she is in no way a combo guard. I like her moves around the basket. Good with both hands. She seemed a little slow, so I’m not sure how much guard she will play at all.

No one has mentioned her defense, but it’s a big transition to college ball.
She is definitely a 2-3 type player but she has a good handle and can dribble coast to coast. She looks quite able to come in and give players Davis and Burrell a rest and not hurt the team much at all. She looks versatile enough to even play inside some at the four. She is definitely an upgrade over most of the players we had on the bench last season I think all three freshmen are. I'm fine with every position now starters and backups except the point guard position. Right now it is Horston and then you use a freshman like Salary or Darby and neither played point guard in high school although both are excellent ball handlers and excellent passers.

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back