Marta Sniezek Transfers to Notre Dame

Interesting move, perhaps she wanted different coaching...
I think Stanford is just as strong, maybe even stronger than ND next year ... Stanford will be a legit title contender, so it's not so much chasing a Championship...
Seems ND is becoming the destination spot for Stanford PG Grad transfers ...

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
I think Stanford is just as strong, maybe even stronger the ND next year ... Stanford will be a legit title contender, so it's not so much changing the championship...

Makes sense. After eligibility is used up they usually don't have the luxury to stick around a 5th year since Stanford uses all of their scholarships. Notre Dame is a top tier school academically and athletically, so players can still compete at a high level and get a masters from a top school. Duke and Vandy used to be in this upper echelon but their programs are down the tubes.

I think Stanford is just as strong, maybe even stronger than ND next year ... Stanford will be a legit title contender, so it's not so much chasing a Championship...

Stanford is stronger, and will be much better than ND. Kianna Williams has locked down the point guard position at Stanford and is a much more capable scorer that Marta. Marta was looking at having to come off the bench and may not have gotten many minutes, Stanford has some excellent guards right now. ND is going to be rebuilding this season, I'm sure they'll still be good, but they wont be anywhere near where they were the last two seasons.

Stanford is stronger, and will be much better than ND. Kianna Williams has locked down the point guard position at Stanford and is a much more capable scorer that Marta. Marta was looking at having to come off the bench and may not have gotten many minutes, Stanford has some excellent guards right now. ND is going to be rebuilding this season, I'm sure they'll still be good, but they wont be anywhere near where they were the last two seasons.

Didn’t ND lose all their starters. She probably sees this as an opportunity to start for a name team, with a good coach. And get a good graduate degree.

What should we care if a player transferred from Stanford to Notre Dame? Talk about irrelevant. I'll take the monster movie.

Because it's yet another opportunity missed by Kellie, who desperately needs an experienced graduate transfer point guard...

VN Store

Back