Marsalis Teague

I would blame his switch to DB on Kiffin. After the dismissals and mass exodus after Kiffin left, they had to move some players around. I agree that he was very promising as WR.

DB was the position he excelled at and was recruited for in high school. It was Kiffin's brainchild to use him at WR. Orgeron pried him away from Florida (even though he was dead set on going there) after boldly guaranteeing it.

I'll bet the main reason he got that job was his notoriety as a UT player.

I'm not sure how he got the job as a real estate agent but for this specific project, my sister picked him up. I promise you, she had no clue that he played for the Vols. Tennessee football runs in the family but it seems to be male dominate.

DB was the position he excelled at and was recruited for in high school. It was Kiffin's brainchild to use him at WR. Orgeron pried him away from Florida (even though he was dead set on going there) after boldly guaranteeing it.

I wouldn't say he excelled at DB, but I did see him make some pretty nice plays as a WR. I get what you're saying though about Kiffin. I was putting it more in the context of Kiffin's fault because of the domino effect that happened after he left.

He was not dead set on going to florida. He went to the same HS as me and I talked to him sometimes. He liked it but he ultimately liked Tennessee better and wanted to play for kiffin. He was recruited for athlete and loved WR better than DB, kid had excellent hands. I think kiffin leaving and the Dooley Storm messed with his head and shook his confidence.

Dont want to destroy a kid, but his career was ruined by a move to D. No way he should be on field...

- missed easy fumble on 1st play of the game.
- missed tackle on 80 yard run by a freaking TE!
- Clueless on 3rd and 7 and burnt for 75 yard clincher.

What Coach moved him to DB again? My mind :gone: escapes me.

No disrespect, but being a VFL carries weight in Tennessee

You do realize, they don't just hand out those football scholarships to just anyone, right?

He had a talent, worked hard to develop it enough to be in a position to play football at the University of Tennessee.

After that, he had a talent in the business world, worked hard to develop it enough to be in a position to be a lead realtor for a large company in Nashville.

Either way, nothing was handed to him. He earned both positions.

I wouldn't say he excelled at DB, but I did see him make some pretty nice plays as a WR. I get what you're saying though about Kiffin. I was putting it more in the context of Kiffin's fault because of the domino effect that happened after he left.

Excelled in HIGH SCHOOL.

Teague was a longstrider and didn't have the hips to be a great SEC CB. It's easy to see that he would have probably had a solid career in the slot. Good hands and serviceable speed. Just a casualty of the Dooley era.

Also, Teague is extremely intelligent. Being a VFL does in fact carry weight, but I assure you he wasn't pulled out of a McDonald's drive-thru window for the job.

Reactions: 1 person
Teague was a longstrider and didn't have the hips to be a great SEC CB. It's easy to see that he would have probably had a solid career in the slot. Good hands and serviceable speed. Just a casualty of the Dooley era.

Also, Teague is extremely intelligent. Being a VFL does in fact carry weight, but I assure you he wasn't pulled out of a McDonald's drive-thru window for the job.

I agree. Granted I don't know anything about his personal life or anything, but he seems like a great guy that is trying to make his own way in life. That is way more than a LOT of other grown men.

I agree. Granted I don't know anything about his personal life or anything, but he seems like a great guy that is trying to make his own way in life. That is way more than a LOT of other grown men.

You seem like the low-key kinda guy who likes to keep his opinions to himself.

Yeah...it's a common misconception. Heath Shuler got a degree in Arts and Science..not Business or PoliSci. Never went to real-estate school but took a 60 hour mandated course. He's done well for himself and he wasn't a polisci major and didn't go to real-estate school!

Im sure that psych degree didn't help him at all as a congressman, or in servicing a portfolio of real estate customers. [Blue font]

As an aside, you get that Political Science and Psychology are both majors in the college of Arts & Sciences, right?

Last edited:
I watched him play several times in high school and it wasn't even fair to the other schools...he ran ALL OVER the place. Probably made him look better than he was, at least in some ways. His career reminds me of Drae Bowles...but at least Teague got on the field.

Let's hear it from the man himself...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VnXaZM5_ko[/youtube]

VN Store

Back