Marquette message boards ...

"Were not the first to start a petition. You act like Tennessee has the worst fan base of any school and that's ridiculous"

I responded to that.

As a whole we do, but some of the idiots on this board can not be Tennessee fans. If they claim to be i don't want to be associated with them.

Reactions: 1 person
If you have a young man playing for any coach, then morality should be a very big deal. Sadly, that is a big problem in our country today. Morality ranks far below winning to most people.

Unfortunately, that is a true statement. The worst part is it seems to more true with the younger the posters. Maybe they have have had bad examples to follow.

Jesus. One half of the fanbase was freaking out because they thought we had ran Martin out of town, and the other half is freaking out because we didn't. So much for school spirit.

A flamer? I said fulmer was being passed by by the new SEC coaches - true. I said Dooley was a disaster and the hire made no sense - true. I said Cuonzo was an underwhelming hire - true.

It's not that I'm a flamer. It's just that we don't always make smart hires. Fulmer was a good hire, certainly. But he ran his course and stayed on too long, which was exactly what I was warning about, even before most saw it.

Hopefully Cuonzo will be the first to prove me wrong. But he'll need to beat more than umass and mercer to do so.

Joe's a flamer going back over a decade(at least since 2000) on different Tennessee message boards. It's very hard to take anything he says very seriously.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that is a true statement. The worst part is it seems to more true with the younger the posters. Maybe they have have had bad examples to follow.

I believe that is exactly the case. My generation has shown to be disgraceful parents so far compared to previous generations and it's really starting to show on the current generation.

are a great source of entertainment. This guy pretty much wrapped up our inept athletic dept with this post:

"Really, you're going to support UT boosters and Administration? They're the smart ones in this scenario?

Let's look at a few facts...

1. Football is top priority at UT - School s**t cans national championship coach and hasn't competed for SEC since
2. UT can't hire football coach away from Duke, that's right Duke.
3. UT hires the moral pillar Bruce Pearl to helm the BBall program - he enjoys great success
4. In a huge surprise to absolutely nobody, Pearl turns out not to be such a great guy and gets s**t canned
5. New coach takes a program in disarray and improves it steadily over three seasons - many boosters treat him like a second class citizen at UT and lobby to get Pearl back.

The above hardly looks like wisdom in action."

They don't even know what football is.

A flamer? I said fulmer was being passed by by the new SEC coaches - true. I said Dooley was a disaster and the hire made no sense - true. I said Cuonzo was an underwhelming hire - true.

It's not that I'm a flamer. It's just that we don't always make smart hires. Fulmer was a good hire, certainly. But he ran his course and stayed on too long, which was exactly what I was warning about, even before most saw it.

Hopefully Cuonzo will be the first to prove me wrong. But he'll need to beat more than umass and mercer to do so.

Whatever,Joe! Did you support the hiring of Bruce Pearl and Lane Kiffin?

It was. It is funny if you have like 100 posts you are an "all-star" or something like that where here you are dog shi*.

You mean if you don't have thousands of posts you have no knowledge that is worth passing on to others and those with thousands of posts are just super smart and we should all listen to them. Well, that sure is news to me. I always thought it was experience and knowledge that made what you said important. I have read some pretty stupid posts from some people who have nothing better to do than post on this site and some pretty insightful posts from people who do not post all of the time.

I do not have the time or inclination to post numerous times on this site but that does not mean I don't have insight into what is going on. I was stationed in Greece in the early 80's when Denny Crum held a basketball clinic at our base. I was offered to walk on at Louisville but turned it down as I was a career military man. I was 6'3" 180lbs could shoot from the outside and also dunk. I only made a couple of posts this year about the team and they related to team chemistry. They did not have it at the beginning of the season and it showed. You cannot blame the coach for that. People are always complaining about free throw percentages and poor shooting in the games and trying to blame it on the coach. Where did you play that gives you the idea these things are the coaches fault? I was an 80% free throw shooter but still had bad nights where the shot just would not fall. Get a grip on reality and realize that UT is not known as a big basketball school. We have been to the sweet 16 7 times and the elite eight once. We do not nor have we in our best years played for a national title. What makes you think that a coach could come in here with the cloud hanging over our program from Pearl cheating and lying to the NCAA and just go right into winning everything. You so calked fans need to grow up and live in the real world where good things come to,those who work hard for it, not just having it handed to you. I am glad we have a coach who has had to work for what he has and knows how to pass that on to his players. They will be better for it in the long run and so will our program if we can keep the idiots from calling for the coach's head every time they lose a game. I am fed up with the "win now or else" mentality of our most vocal fans. You guys are probably the reason we don't get some of the better players. Who would want to play for a team with fans like that. Grow up and learn a little more about how life works.

Now that I have that off my chest I feel better. I know some will make rude comments about my post and some will block me. Those things do not hurt my feelings. I just am tired of the really stupid and baseless comments made by a group of so called fans that don't really have a clue.

Go Big Orange. I will be a fan forever.

Reactions: 6 people
Even if half of Marquette's fanbase didn't want Martin, I can't think they're that excited over Wojo.

You mean if you don't have thousands of posts you have no knowledge that is worth passing on to others and those with thousands of posts are just super smart and we should all listen to them. Well, that sure is news to me. I always thought it was experience and knowledge that made what you said important. I have read some pretty stupid posts from some people who have nothing better to do than post on this site and some pretty insightful posts from people who do not post all of the time.

I do not have the time or inclination to post numerous times on this site but that does not mean I don't have insight into what is going on. I was stationed in Greece in the early 80's when Denny Crum held a basketball clinic at our base. I was offered to walk on at Louisville but turned it down as I was a career military man. I was 6'3" 180lbs could shoot from the outside and also dunk. I only made a couple of posts this year about the team and they related to team chemistry. They did not have it at the beginning of the season and it showed. You cannot blame the coach for that. People are always complaining about free throw percentages and poor shooting in the games and trying to blame it on the coach. Where did you play that gives you the idea these things are the coaches fault? I was an 80% free throw shooter but still had bad nights where the shot just would not fall. Get a grip on reality and realize that UT is not known as a big basketball school. We have been to the sweet 16 7 times and the elite eight once. We do not nor have we in our best years played for a national title. What makes you think that a coach could come in here with the cloud hanging over our program from Pearl cheating and lying to the NCAA and just go right into winning everything. You so calked fans need to grow up and live in the real world where good things come to,those who work hard for it, not just having it handed to you. I am glad we have a coach who has had to work for what he has and knows how to pass that on to his players. They will be better for it in the long run and so will our program if we can keep the idiots from calling for the coach's head every time they lose a game. I am fed up with the "win now or else" mentality of our most vocal fans. You guys are probably the reason we don't get some of the better players. Who would want to play for a team with fans like that. Grow up and learn a little more about how life works.

Now that I have that off my chest I feel better. I know some will make rude comments about my post and some will block me. Those things do not hurt my feelings. I just am tired of the really stupid and baseless comments made by a group of so called fans that don't really have a clue.

Go Big Orange. I will be a fan forever.

I'm pretty sure you completely misunderstood his post.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe that is exactly the case. My generation has shown to be disgraceful parents so far compared to previous generations and it's really starting to show on the current generation.

Hat's off to you for being a stand up guy. I waited until I was 32 to have my one (and only) child. That was 27 years ago. The "kids having kids" generation today is, unfortunately, a collection of blooming idiots who think bringing a tiny human being into the world is no different than going down to the shelter and picking out a puppy. They have no f*#$ing concept of responsibility. I know this has nothing to do with basketball. Sorry. And Go Vols!

"Were not the first to start a petition. You act like Tennessee has the worst fan base of any school and that's ridiculous"

I responded to that.

And your response was a complete straw man. Anyone with half a brain can comprehend that.

Mike Hamilton is sitting somewhere laughing his ass off.

:eek:lol::eek:lol: can you blame him UT fans are to _-_-_- to keep a good coach or even to recognize one .. Hamilton must of got tired of playing babysitter for the _-_-_- fans . So he gave them a Dooley to Sit them for 3 years and now .....:whistling:

VN Store

Back