Mariota vs Tannehill - QB matters

volgr

The cuddled up sobbing depression was needed last week post KY...I guess...but good Lord it's gone way overboard and our demise is being way overblown, I'll explain below.

Time to pull out of this funk.

If you follow the Titans, about this time last year, Vrabel (first time HC, not counting a few interim games with Houston) looked in over his head and his first time OC Arthur Smith looked to be in over his head too. Thing looked bleak.

Fast forward to today, just a year later, and Vrabel is being praised with some saying he'll be Belichiks heir apparent in NE. Arthur Smith looks like a young savant and is being mentioned as a good HC candidate.

What changed in just a years time? Titans went from bums to the AFC Championship and now 5-0 this year. They moved on from Mariota to Tannehill. Simple as that. Same WRs, same RBs, same OL, etc.

Look, I get the criticisms of our QB development/recruiting. Pruitt's stubborness. It's fair. However, looking at our OL, young WRs, Gray at RB, etc...we have pieces, just need a QB. Once the QB is solved, it somehow solves a lot of other problems with the team.

All that to say, a little more patience is required. QB makes all the difference. Hopefully, Pruitt finds his QB soon and we don't have to go through another coaching change. Pruitt, this staff and the team overall will look much different with a competent high functioning QB.

The cuddled up sobbing depression was needed last week post KY...I guess...but good Lord it's gone way overboard and our demise is being way overblown, I'll explain below.

If you follow the Titans, about this time last year, Vrabel (first time HC, not counting a few interim games with Houston) looked in over his head and his first time OC Arthur Smith looked to be in over his head too. Thing looked bleak.

Fast forward to today, just a year later, and Vrabel is being praised with some saying he'll be Belichiks heir apparent in NE. Arthur Smith looks like a young savant and is being mentioned as a good HC candidate.

What changed in just a years time? Titans went from bums to the AFC Championship and now 5-0 this year. They moved on from Mariota to Tannehill. Simple as that. Same WRs, same RBs, same OL, etc.

Look, I get the criticisms of our QB development/recruiting. Pruitt's stubborness. It's fair. However, looking at our OL, young WRs, Gray at RB, etc...we have pieces, just need a QB. Once the QB is solved, it somehow solves a lot of other problems with the team.

All that to say, a little more patience is required. QB makes all the difference. Hopefully, Pruitt finds his QB soon and we don't have to go through another coaching change. Pruitt, this staff and the team overall will look much different with a competent high functioning QB.
True, true, true...QB can make, or break, a team, a season, and possibly a coach's career

Reactions: Alto1

Pruitt is too stupid to move on from JG. That’s the problem. JG could kill a person out there and would still get praise, but if another QB goes out and so much as farts he wouldn’t hesitate to yank them.

Reactions: Alto1
Pruitt is too stupid to move on from JG. That’s the problem. JG could kill a person out there and would still get praise, but if another QB goes out and so much as farts he wouldn’t hesitate to yank them.

Or maybe he doesn't like or trust any of the other guys (again guys he brought in there is fair criticism here). Pruitt isn't football dumb. There are valid criticisms of Pruitt but him being football dumb isn't one.

Reactions: Capt Whiskey
I have, for several years compared JG to Mariota.

It was the same frustration with Marcus.

Glad he is gone. So Glad.

Hoping the Vols, at some point have that same epiphany.

"Oh wait...Maybe it's not the OL, not the receivers, not the tight ends, not the playcalling....Maybe just Maybe it's that turd out there playing at being a QB."

Reactions: Ty4Vols and volgr
We need better QB play and a pass rush. Both of which are painfully absent.

Tannehill WINS in the WAG Category, tho...

lauren_tannehill_modeling_dolphins1.jpg

tanne6.jpg

lauren-tannehill.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

VN Store

Back