Marcus Tatum on the 2019 season

INB4 "Guarantano holds the ball too long."

I just dont understand why he cant recieve the ball, square up and look down field, and have it released in .0000000000000005 seconds??!!!???!! I think Bailey will be able to do it and make us great at quarterback again.

Seriously though, I hope all the lineman have the same attitude as Tatum this year and come out wanting to run someone over every play. I know that I am also tired of us losing and I'm one of those that firmly believes that the trenches helps wins games. I want guys that I'd be afraid to line up against. The John Hendersons, Billy Ratliffs, Chad Cliftons, etc of the Vols past. Those boys in the 90's and early 00's were just freaking mean and would put opposing players in traction for a week.

I have always really liked Marcus Tatum. I wonder if subbing him at LT against Bama in his freshman season was pure desperation or if the guy just has balls of steel. If he can keep adding good weight with his athleticism and let these blue chip freshman push him to be more competitive in practice I could see him being a key starter on the line for the next two years.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He said much more and it honestly bothered me the position he explained Butch put him in.

Catbone has it at the right time, just hit play.

Watch from 6:55

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I thought it was interesting when asked about being coached to be more aggressive, he said it wasn't about the coaches it was about the attitude of the players.

He said much more and it honestly bothered me the position he explained Butch put him in.

Catbone has it at the right time, just hit play.

Watch from 6:55

Everyone knew Tatum wasn't ready to start as a freshman, including him. I don't get the sense that he's bitter about it. He was probably glad to get a chance to play back then and he seems a lot more optimistic about the level he will be able to play at now.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I just dont understand why he cant recieve the ball, square up and look down field, and have it released in .0000000000000005 seconds??!!!???!! I think Bailey will be able to do it and make us great at quarterback again.
Your sarcasm is a lie. JG had just slightly less time on average to throw than Fromm. UT was upper half of the conference in sacks allowed.

The OL needs to be better. JG needs to make better decisions and get the ball out faster. The coaches have said or implied BOTH multiple times. I'm really not sure why people cannot see the weaknesses of both but rather feel they must blame one and excuse the other.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Your sarcasm is a lie. JG had just slightly less time on average to throw than Fromm. UT was upper half of the conference in sacks allowed.

The OL needs to be better. JG needs to make better decisions and get the ball out faster. The coaches have said or implied BOTH multiple times. I'm really not sure why people cannot see the weaknesses of both but rather feel they must blame one and excuse the other.

Bro......it was just a joke, take a chill pill......I bet your a barrel-of-laughs at parties. 🤔

I think the O-line will be better off without Drew Richmond. I think he was a "cancer" to his teammates.
This article is one of the funniest things I've ever read:
USC Football: What to expect from OT transfer Drew Richmond

Still, Richmond will need to transition to the spread offense. In Tennessee, Richmond played in a run-heavy, SEC offense which leaned on his physicality and power blocking. Richmond is a willing blocker in space, but struggles with speed rushes. Especially when defenders anticipate the snap, they can easily get past him and shoot the gap. It’s almost impossible to go through Richmond with his power and physicality. Even in the elite SEC, he was almost never beat with a straight bull rush. But he will need to work on his lateral quickness to make sure defenders cannot blow by him. He will need to eliminate his occasional false step at the snap. This is especially important in Graham Harrell’s spread offense, as offensive lineman spaced apart from one another, with larger gaps for defenders to try to shoot.

Richmond has the talent and experience to contribute immediately at right tackle. Though in order to truly flourish, he must clean up his game and improve his lateral quickness. He will be making a dramatic transition from Tennessee’s offense to the spread, and must adjust accordingly. How he adjusts will delineate boom or bust.
What were they watching? They don't even have the basic facts right (for the majority of Richmond's time at Tennessee, he did play in a spread offense).

Reactions: 05_never_again
I think the O-line will be better off without Drew Richmond. I think he was a "cancer" to his teammates.
Cannot like this statement enough! That dude was pure garbage, took every down off, blocked more air than I could breathe in a lifetime. Every time he was in the game it was 11 on 10 and bad things were to be expected.

VN Store

Back