Maples

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
State Championship Game

Hillsboro was forced to play from behind throughout the game thanks in part to Tennessee commitment Tyler Maples.
Maples, a Mr. Football winner, finished the game with 130 yards receiving on six catches with three touchdowns. He was named Offensive MVP.

I dont know why, but I just feel like he's overlooked, but he will be great on the hill.

Most of the incoming H.S. guys will redshirt if past history is a guide. If Meach leaves there will probably be opportunity for one or two Fr. recievers to play next year. I'll be rooting for Todd Campbell!

Todd would be good, but I don't think he will pass up Brent Vinson or Kenny O'Neal, though Kenny will be a JR. I think that Vinson, Gerald Jones, and Kenny O'Neal will play next year. Eric Berry will also get some snaps on offense.

and what about slick shelly from last year.. do you think he will be worked into the wr mix?

Todd would be good, but I don't think he will pass up Brent Vinson or Kenny O'Neal, though Kenny will be a JR. I think that Vinson, Gerald Jones, and Kenny O'Neal will play next year. Eric Berry will also get some snaps on offense.

You say that so confidently HV haha

One maybe two of the reciever might see the defense as a safety and Morley will see more time next year at corner. Maples is FAST so I am excited about him. Campbell has big hands and pretty good leaper.
I would be suprised if Maples doesnt get a look at punt or kickoff returns.

Im a huge Todd Campbell fan, he's going to be great on the hill, never underestimate a player that simply loves the school he's playing for, that grew up a fan.

I like Maples but my guess is he will rarely see the field!

I like Maples but my guess is he will rarely see the field!
You are right. I watched him play in person when Maryville played (and spanked :cray: ) my Central Bobcats. I think the only thing that Maples has that the other players don't is speed. When you are leaps and bounds faster than everyone else on the field, then of course you are going to stand out. However, I saw nothing from him to make me believe he will be able to contribute at UT when he is going up against players that are just as fast, if not faster, than he is.

I do not agree. I think Maples is underestimated. I have watched film on him and I have now seen him play twice this season. He is automatically underestimated because he is white. You can say what you want about that statement but its true. He has above average size at 6'1-6'2. He will put on weight in college fill out a solid frame. He has speed. Everyone knows that. But, he also has great hands. That is overlooked. He gets out of cuts and creates separation extremely well. That is overlooked. He has a great feel for the game and good instincts. That is overlooked. I think he is very good in the return game and I wont be surprised to see him returning some punts before his time is done. He will most likely on contribute early because he does need to put on weight and get much stronger. He also needs to improve his run blocking a lot.

He is automatically underestimated because he is white. You can say what you want about that statement but its true.
therickbol wins the award for stupidest post of the year.:clapping:

Too say that someone underestimates a player because the color of his skin is childish and immature at best. I also don't think that Anthony Anderson will make much of an impact at UT, so am I underestimating him because he is black?

I hope the kid does well! I just think he will get lost in the shuffle! Plus the need to pacify the out of state players.

Too say that someone underestimates a player because the color of his skin is childish and immature at best. I also don't think that Anthony Anderson will make much of an impact at UT, so am I underestimating him because he is black?

If rickbol gets "stupidest" post, then yours gets most naive post. You may not, but there are still many people out there that do make judgments about athletic ability that are influenced by skin color. Look at how many people on this board assumed that Jamarcus Russell and Andre Woodson were scrambling QBs if you need an example.

I think alot of the perception also relates to the position of the player. Rickbol is dead on with that observation even if it isn't politically correct. SmokeFatty was right also.

Wow, are you serious? Maybe you were being sarcastic. It is hard to recognize tone on a message board. If you were not being sarcastic then I agree that you must be very naive. I did not say that YOU underestimate him because he is white. But, I guarantee you that the general perception of most people is that white players are not as good at RB and WR. Doesnt mean that sterotype is true in every situation. But that sterotype definately exists.

Wow, are you serious? Maybe you were being sarcastic. It is hard to recognize tone on a message board. If you were not being sarcastic then I agree that you must be very naive. I did not say that YOU underestimate him because he is white. But, I guarantee you that the general perception of most people is that white players are not as good at RB and WR. Doesnt mean that sterotype is true in every situation. But that sterotype definately exists.
I apologize. I thought you were implying that I judge players by color. I was in the wrong.:peace2:

I do not agree. I think Maples is underestimated. I have watched film on him and I have now seen him play twice this season. He is automatically underestimated because he is white. You can say what you want about that statement but its true. He has above average size at 6'1-6'2. He will put on weight in college fill out a solid frame. He has speed. Everyone knows that. But, he also has great hands. That is overlooked. He gets out of cuts and creates separation extremely well. That is overlooked. He has a great feel for the game and good instincts. That is overlooked. I think he is very good in the return game and I wont be surprised to see him returning some punts before his time is done. He will most likely on contribute early because he does need to put on weight and get much stronger. He also needs to improve his run blocking a lot.

I agree 100%, I think he will be a pleasant suprise out of this class.

Maples is the real deal guys. Not only does he have great hands and is real fast, but his technique is very good as well. Most players that are very gifted athleticly rely on that to beat other players. Tyler Maples runs routes well, and also comes back to the football well too. I agree with Rickbol with the white statement. He does need to improve run blocking as well. Other than that, look for him on punt or kickoff returns next year.

The only reason he may not be in the return mix is because of the sheer number of guys we have coming in that were kick/punt returners in High School.

VN Store

Back