Man up nancies!!!

Thanks, Gatorbill. Appreciate the advice...just not the best time to give it. We've been disappointed before and we have recovered. We will be fine.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I understand. Absolutely not trying to rub anything in though.

check the michigan state score. I lost to that clownass Brian Kelly 2 years in a row. I hate that effer. Im having a bad night as well. But there is a difference in hating football for a week or so, and giving up on your team. There is just some really stupid stuff being said around here tonight. Tonight sucked, but yall have a pretty good team. A couple lucky breaks turned into big plays.

From the final tick of tonights game, til the first tick of next years game, Im a vol fan.

:ermm:....ummm, no thanks. Go celebrate on a Gator board and stop trying to tell us how to react....it's none of your business what we do on our own board.

I gave you a thumbs up on this also.

seriously not trying to troll. I should have waited a day or so.

Your "advice" wouldn't even have been needed in a day or so. Losing SUCKS! Losing 8 straight to the most arrogant, undeserving team in the SEC sucks even worse. We have lost before, and by all indications will lose again. This board, along with most of its posters , has been here a long time. Anyone who was going to abandon ship, already has. Anybody who comes on here after a loss expecting us to be sunshine and roses has no clue what being a VOL fan is.

Reactions: 3 people
I dont completely disagree with you. But I survived the Mich St -v- michigan rivalry, through the 70s and 80s...oh hell...and the 90s...... I know the feeling.

Pity party away, Im not trying to rub anything in. Just saying, yall have a pretty good team. Being pizzled about tonight is understandable. I would be too, but this is a pretty good team thats going to get better. Dont jump off the cliff.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound like Im trolling.

Quit acting like expectations at UT and Michigan State are the same. They're not and never should be.

:ermm:....ummm, no thanks. Go celebrate on a Gator board and stop trying to tell us how to react....it's none of your business what we do on our own board.

With all due respect, I didnt exactly give you the option of having me as a fan or not.

I will be back tomorrow or so to take my lumps for this thread again. For those of you not home yet, have a safe trip.

EDIT: Not that any of you care, but GL had a great point so I changed my Fav Teams.

During rowing season yall can go ahead and read those teams backwards.

Last edited:
IT IS ONE FREAKING GAME!!!!!

GET OFF THE LEDGE, SUPPORT YOUR DERNED FOOTBALL TEAM, and the coaches, and the program as a whole.

You are either a VFL, or you are not. Losing sucks. Losing to a rival in a game that matters sucks more.

But it is not the end of the world, or the end of the season.

Spend you 24 hours complaining, but the whole "Im done for the year" BS should be left for people like Arkansas, or Auburn, where the fans have no class. I'll check back with yall in a day or so, I hope you recover personally, and get back on your bandwagon. Youve got a pretty good team. I will be pulling for them the rest of the year.

I know. "Shut up Bill".

Im shutting up.

Shutting up about this particular subject would be a great idea. You have no idea what it is like to see a team quit against a horrible team at the end of last season, then turn around and do it again against a big rival. It's just dandy.

Reactions: 2 people
You're not getting a lot of love here it seems, but I will admit that you made me feel better.

Thanks Bill:)

Reactions: 1 person
Shutting up about this particular subject would be a great idea. You have no idea what it is like to see a team quit against a horrible team at the end of last season, then turn around and do it again against a big rival. It's just dandy.

And the best part is we have more 30+ point losses to look forward to in October! Dooley has 5 in 2 years already.... and 4 of those were at home.

So much to look forward to.

And the best part is we have more 30+ point losses to look forward to in October! Dooley has 5 in 2 years already.... and 4 of those were at home.

So much to look forward to.

Ouch! Wish i didn't know that stat.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

not a troll. My kid is on the field next to the fella with the rifle. I have a vested interest in this school.

270756_500645246613550_1920976090_n.jpg

So do I as an alum.....spare me

I went to UF, and was a walk on there.

My kid goes to UT, and is an athlete here. When my kid competes against UF (very rarely) I am 10000000000% Vol. You can count on that.

Gee I don't see an orange T on your favorite teams not that I really give a **** right now

Reactions: 1 person
With all due respect, I didnt exactly give you the option of having me as a fan or not.

I will be back tomorrow or so to take my lumps for this thread again. For those of you not home yet, have a safe trip.

Why? I mean why come back? Seriously there is nothing to see here. This thread should just die.

With all due respect to you, a part-time Vol fan is not a true Vol fan. I'd have more respect for you if were all Gator. But if you're happy, kudos to ya' :peace2:

not the best of things to be saying Bill about now.how about a Wohooo Go Vols,for your daughter ? and when does rowing season start ? i want updates

not the best of things to be saying Bill about now.how about a Wohooo Go Vols,for your daughter ? and when does rowing season start ? i want updates

Yeah, I should have waited, my apologies to you all about that. I still feel the same way. This is a good team, yall are going to have your share of wins, and Im guessing 9 of them.

I know Im only a Vol on a part time basis (most of the time is better than none) but at least Im here because I want to be and not because you are winning. Im here, the same way, win or lose.

Go Vols.

Oh, Rowing practice started last week. The schedule isnt out yet, but fall Regattas start in just a few weeks. Pretty exciting time in the GatorBill family. Looking forward to getting out and watching the kid kick some tail with her fellow LadyVols.

Bill,
Im using the word hate here about the florida gators, not the same hate as I have for bama, but close. That said I agree with what you said and will continue to scream for the Big Orange. Sucks to wait an entire year for another chance at the gators but thems the breaks. Go VOLS.

IT IS ONE FREAKING GAME!!!!!

GET OFF THE LEDGE, SUPPORT YOUR DERNED FOOTBALL TEAM, and the coaches, and the program as a whole.

You are either a VFL, or you are not. Losing sucks. Losing to a rival in a game that matters sucks more.

But it is not the end of the world, or the end of the season.

Spend you 24 hours complaining, but the whole "Im done for the year" BS should be left for people like Arkansas, or Auburn, where the fans have no class. I'll check back with yall in a day or so, I hope you recover personally, and get back on your bandwagon. Youve got a pretty good team. I will be pulling for them the rest of the year.

I know. "Shut up Bill".

Im shutting up.

I'm going to be respectful about this, but coming onto a rival board and posting something like this is not cool. You rooted for the other team, and it comes off arrogant and condescending. I understand that your daughter goes to UT, but on this matter, you're not a Vol fan... a Vol supporter... or even a neutral bystander. The classy thing to do would have been to say "Tough loss, guys" and give it a rest. Or better still, to have kept quiet on this issue. I generally enjoy your perspective, even when it doesn't agree with mine, but you overstepped here.

Now, your team played a better game last night and they deserved the win. Congrats!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm going to be respectful about this, but coming onto a rival board and posting something like this is not cool. You rooted for the other team, and it comes off arrogant and condescending. I understand that your daughter goes to UT, but on this matter, you're not a Vol fan... a Vol supporter... or even a neutral bystander. The classy thing to do would have been to say "Tough loss, guys" and give it a rest. Or better still, to have kept quiet on this issue. I generally enjoy your perspective, even when it doesn't agree with mine, but you overstepped here.

Now, your team played a better game last night and they deserved the win. Congrats!

Thank you for being respectful, I appreciate it. And my post was meant to be absolutely respectful also.

If you read the rest of the thread you have probably noticed that:
1) I realize I should have waited a day or so, my apologies.

2) Im not the average GatorFan trolling a rival board. I live in TN, my kid attends UT. Im here because I have found that I actually give a rip about this team.

3) Im not a Vol by birth, but aside from one game a year Im on your side by choice. I think that should mean a little.

Im sorry it came off as something it was not. I just think that people need to back off the ledge a little and support their team. Its a pretty stinking good team.

It was a tough game for yall last night. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Must be easy when your team wins eight straight against a rival.

I'm sure it is easy but life isn't always easy. The same lesson that the coaches are trying to teach this young team is the same lesson that this fanbase needs to learn.

I hate this loss just as much as anyone but the reality is that my flags are still on the car and the front of the house, my blood still runs Orange, and there's gonna be a football game next Saturday. In fact there will be 10 more this year.

(In before "truefan" alert)

VN Store

Back