Man of Steel

The trailers for this movie make it look incredible. I hope it lives up to it. Looks like this is one of the very few movies I will go see on opening weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like this is one of the very few movies I will go see on opening weekend.

I agree I usually wait at least a week to let the crowds dwindle but I think I am going to try and catch a matinee Sunday afternoon.

If I don't, I don't know how I'm going to avoid all the talk online about it.

I keep seeing previews with the words that It soars above the rest.

Go to your local Wal Mart if you want Licorice Twizzlers with a Man of Steel image on it.
I'm going to buy a bag, and save the bag.

Do you think they would ever make Superman ceral for a movie like they did with Batman (1989)?

Epic, Amazing, Prepare to be amazed.

Prediction it will be the best Superman movie made it's looking very favorable assuming the above comments continue.

MAN OF STEEL Sequel Already Official

‘Man Of Steel’ Sequel Underway With Zack Snyder And David S. Goyer

This isn’t exactly a surprise given the hot anticipation and theatrical buzz awaiting Man Of Steel‘s limited opening Thursday and wide release Friday in 4,200+ theaters. But I’ve learned it’s official: Warner Bros Pictures is fast-tracking the Superman reboot sequel with its successful twosome already in place: Zack Snyder reprising as director and David S. Goyer repeating as screenwriter. Goyer’s deal is part of a huge 3-picture deal he signed at Warner Bros for Man Of Steel, the sequel, and Justice League with Superman. What is a question mark next time is the role Christopher Nolan will fill.

So anyone going to one of the WalMart Premiers tonight?

I was in my local WalMart yesterday and forgot to ask if they had any tickets left.

Just got back from the midnight showing. All I can say is EPIC. 9/10. I won't give anything away but it definitely has a dark feel to it. Michael Shannon was incredible in this film.

Which surprises me. This one got a worse rating than Superman Returns, and that movie sucked.

Superman Returns is an abomination to the entire franchise. Had a buddy who is a big comic book guy, and he said this is the best comic book movie he's ever seen.

Which surprises me. This one got a worse rating than Superman Returns, and that movie sucked.

I went to see that one with my then girlfriend (now wife) with high hopes since Bryan Singer did such a good job with X-Men. When we left the GF was all excited by it. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it.

Of course she has completely forgotten about it at this point. If it gets mentioned she'll ask me if she has seen it.

Lord have mercy they botched that one.

I went to see that one with my then girlfriend (now wife) with high hopes since Bryan Singer did such a good job with X-Men. When we left the GF was all excited by it. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it.

Of course she has completely forgotten about it at this point. If it gets mentioned she'll ask me if she has seen it.

Lord have mercy they botched that one.

I re-watched it a couple of days ago for the first time in over a year or more. I know a lot of people blame the (Superman's kid) angle as the reason it was bad. After seeing it again my complaint was not the kid it was jealous Cyclops as Lois's boyfriend/fiance along with the Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor and his antics.

I think if you drop the boyfriend angle and leave the kid (and all the questions surrounding him) it becomes a better film. Had Kevin Spacey played Lex as a bit more ruthless and cunning instead of trying to portray Gene Hackman portraying Luthor it would have been better along with something besides a rehashed Superman The Movie Luthorville Real estate scheme.

Michael Rosenbaum on Smallville was more inline with the comic & animated Lex (high intelligence, not afraid to play dirty to get what he wants) that we have become familiar with in the last 20 years than the Hackman version. Spacey is such a good actor he should have been a great Lex.

Last edited:
I re-watched it a couple of days ago for the first time in over a year or more. I know a lot of people blame the (Superman's kid) angle as the reason it was bad. After seeing it again my complaint was not the kid it was jealous Cyclops as Lois's boyfriend/fiance along with the Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor and his antics.

I think if you drop the boyfriend angle and leave the kid (and all the questions surrounding him) it becomes a better film. Had Kevin Spacey played Lex as a bit more ruthless and cunning instead of trying to portray Gene Hackman portraying Luthor it would have been better along with something besides a rehashed Superman The Movie Luthorville Real estate scheme.

Michael Rosenbaum on Smallville was more inline with the comic & animated Lex (high intelligence, not afraid to play dirty to get what he wants) that we have become familiar with in the last 20 years than the Hackman version. Spacey is such a good actor he should have been a great Lex.

All valid criticisms. In Spacey's defense he was asked to play the Hackman Luthor. Just as Brandon Routh was asked to play the Reeve version of Clark/Superman (which he did an excellent job of doing).

I would add that Kate Bosworth was a terrible Lois Lane. She looked way too young to be playing the role IMO.

All valid criticisms. In Spacey's defense he was asked to play the Hackman Luthor. Just as Brandon Routh was asked to play the Reeve version of Clark/Superman (which he did an excellent job of doing).

I would add that Kate Bosworth was a terrible Lois Lane. She looked way too young to be playing the role IMO.

I really thought Routh was great especially as Clark. I thought Bosworth was okay, Margo kidder was 30 in (1978) when Superman came out and I thought she looked a lot older.

On a side not about Man of Steel I'm planning on catching it Sunday afternoon but I have seen where some are saying this is not the Superman they are familiar with from his actions to his new suite. If they haven't checked out a Superman comic in the last year and half then it wouldn't be but when DC Comics more or less is restarted everything with there 52 concept it pretty much is what Superman is in the comics now.

I really thought Routh was great especially as Clark. I thought Bosworth was okay, Margo kidder was 30 in (1978) when Superman came out and I thought she looked a lot older.

On a side not about Man of Steel I'm planning on catching it Sunday afternoon but I have seen where some are saying this is not the Superman they are familiar with from his actions to his new suite. If they haven't checked out a Superman comic in the last year and half then it wouldn't be but when DC Comics more or less is restarted everything with there 52 concept it pretty much is what Superman is in the comics now.

That's what I've been afraid of since the first trailer. The action looks incredible but the tone seems off. Hearing Synder and Goyer say things like "this isn't the comic book Superman" bothers me. I can live with ditching the red shorts but the muted yellows is a bit much.

The NEW 52 Superman has been disappointing as well (but the NEW 52 in general has been a let down). I'm a huge Grant Morrison fan and enjoyed the first several issues of Action Comics. However, I suspect editorial started interfering and that's what caused him to jump ship.

I saw it last night, I thought it was excellent.

I can't believe some critics would give it worse ratings that Superman Returns. That thing was awful and MOS completely blows that one out of the water.

I'm curious...is the OP a grown adult? His grammar and sentence structure suggests so but the topic discussed belies...

How is a married man able to devote such effort to a comic book character?

Respectfully.

Don't read what is in the HTML Code further past after Friday if you haven't seen the movie.

I saw Man of Steel last night, and it was terrific.
My review of Man of Steel. I said this was going to be the best Superman movie meaning of the ones on the Big Screen, and I was convinced of it after seeing Man of Steel on Friday.

Superman is shown as a flawed relatable character, there is a teaser for a future super villain in the movie before the ending, topnotch action as violent as Superman fighting Doomsday yep no holding back which creates vast property damage also a high risk of people getting hurt or killed making it realistic since these individuals with incredible strength fighting that can easily break steel, Superman's speed looks like he could be moving as Fast as Speed of Light, Superman and other Kryptonians show off their incredible speed including during fights.

Superman shows off why he is Superman including holding up a falling parts of some buidling out in the water, outstanding visual depection of Krypton looks real, you see Clark both as a kid plus as a adult and get a idea of where his morals, Krypton techonology is incredible Jor EL dies but there is a tool that shows Jor El's conciousness that resembles a Hologram so he's able to still give information.
Zod, Superman, Lois Lane, Jor EL, Perry White, Faora, etc no body was miscast all terrific acting.

Zod is the wretchedest Super Villain DC Comics Big Screen Movie History. He was using a gravity weapon to alter the atmosphere so that it would be the same as on Krypton, since things go up then fastly come down this would kill all human beings so Genocide of Human Beings, a threat to the entire Earth, also would kill all animals so genocide to all animals.
So once again this proves you can reuse a Super Villain, it won't be a repeat of the how they were depicted in a previous movie, and the story won't be a repeat of the movie they were in before.
The motive for Zod is made clear nothing between the lines just a straight foward all his actions no matter how violent or cruel he says for the Greater Good of his people the Kryptonians which makes all the more terrorfying.
This is Like the Nolan Batman movies highly serious, and the stakes are high, there are funny or light moments in this movie like The Avengers but not done so many times.
Also you'll see Clark Kent putting on his glasses, introducing himself to Lois Lane and others since he gets a job at The Daily Planet.
Multiple cool lines in this movie.

This Lois Lane not only can she write stories as a reporter and can fight when needed including the Female Kryptonian that serves General Zod Faora. Humans prove they can be as valiant as Superman incuding both Superman's biological dad and second dad , multiple moral lessons including Clark saving a bully that recently antagonized him from drowning, Clark pushed down by other guys talked to by his dad doesn't fight but wanted proving to be human like us, the same bully that Clark saved shows the same compassion by holding out his hand to pull him up.

Last edited:
I just got back from seeing it. It was amazing. Better than Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises IMO...I wasn't really a big fan of DKR.

I don't understand the poor rating. Just goes to show you can't always trust Rotten Tomatoes.

VN Store

Back