Malzahn to tulsa (Merged)

he was already offensive coordinator at Arkansas and now he wants to make a lateral move to a smaller school and be co-offensive coordinator?

not to mention arkansas went to the sec champ game and had the no.1 qb prospect in the nation last year to work with.

that must be a really bad environment to coach in at arkansas.

There must be a lot going on behind the scenes at Arkansas with this and the little revolt they had this year.

FAYETTEVILLE — Gus Malzahn has decided to leave his position as Arkansas’ offensive coordinator to become an assistant coach and co-offensive coordinator at the University of Tulsa, a source confirmed Monday.

Uhhhhhhh. Isn't that a step down????:blink:

:lol:

Congrats Gus on your first offensive coordinator position at the college level!

Everyone make sure to read the reader comments at the bottom of that article. It's nice to know we aren't the craziest of fans in the SEC.

he was already offensive coordinator at Arkansas and now he wants to make a lateral move to a smaller school and be co-offensive coordinator?

not to mention arkansas went to the sec champ game and had the no.1 qb prospect in the nation last year to work with.

that must be a really bad environment to coach in at arkansas.

That no. 1 qb may be going with him, no?

Everyone make sure to read the reader comments at the bottom of that article. It's nice to know we aren't the craziest of fans in the SEC.

Let's just keep letting Jim Lindsey pay Nutt's salary with his crazy donations and hopefully we will break even next season! Break even, next season! Break even, next season! GO RAZORBACKS!!!!!

:eek:lol:

Doesn't make sense to make a lateral move to a smaller school to be co-offensive coordinator. He was already offensive coordinator and was coming off a great season. He had the no.1 QB prospect in the nation last year to work with.

I would like to know the real story behind his move. Either he and Nutt were not seeing eye to eye or he had clashes with some of the players and their parents. Probably both, it seems like a bad move on his part.

Hard to do much when you never have your best players healthy. That said, they crushed Providence yesterday and still have a good shot at making the NCAA tournament.
On a side note, have you seen many teams that play as hard as Tenn? Sure there is more talent out there but I am impressed with us. I think our B ball is on its way up.

I completely understand. He didn't want to be OC in title only. The offense run at UA in no way resembles the offense that Malzahn espouses.

This gives him an opportunity to actually be an OC and to remove himself from a horribly political situation at UA.

I completely understand. He didn't want to be OC in title only. The offense run at UA in no way resembles the offense that Malzahn espouses.

This gives him an opportunity to actually be an OC and to remove himself from a horribly political situation at UA.

i admire the guy for sticking to his guns then. its probably what sanders should have done at UT a few years earlier.

Another thing I think is that he probably heard rumblings about his job security. He would be the first scapegoat if there were any problems on offense...after all he was a high-school coach brought in to get Mustain. Once Mustain got benched and then became a problem I wouldnt be surprised if they said they didnt need Malzahn. Plus you know some people think its easy to run an offense with McFadden...once he is gone Malzahn would probably be exposed. And there is the qb play that got worse over the season, three losses in four games to end the season...a lot of little things to complain about.

He left while his stock was high...not when McFadden and Monk were gone and his stock would have tanked. Its a smart move.

Another thing I think is that he probably heard rumblings about his job security. He would be the first scapegoat if there were any problems on offense...after all he was a high-school coach brought in to get Mustain. Once Mustain got benched and then became a problem I wouldnt be surprised if they said they didnt need Malzahn. Plus you know some people think its easy to run an offense with McFadden...once he is gone Malzahn would probably be exposed. And there is the qb play that got worse over the season, three losses in four games to end the season...a lot of little things to complain about.

He left while his stock was high...not when McFadden and Monk were gone and his stock would have tanked. Its a smart move.
its not a smart move. why would going to tulsa be a smart move. even if he got fired from arky after mcfadden left(which i dont think he would) he could still get a job at a school like tulsa.

VN Store

Back