Making the Tourney is NOT enough

You can't really determine whether or not Martin should be fired until after we see which games we lost, how we lost, (being out coached, out hustled, etc.) There are a lot of determining factors that will need to be considered. As several have said, on paper we appear to be able to make a deep run, but we just have to see how it plays out.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't really determine whether or not Martin should be fired until after we see which games we lost, how we lost, (being out coached, out hustled, etc.) There are a lot of determining factors that will need to be considered. As several have said, on paper we appear to be able to make a deep run, but we just have to see how it plays out.

There you go with all your good sense and logic. If he don't make the Elite 8, show 'im to the front gate!

Youre the one who claims that, though you've yet to provide any proof that he said it in no uncertain terms.

It seems as if you came looking for an argument, and now you're mad that you got one.

No, I said if I was a coach, that my team goal would be making the Elite 8 with this team.

So why is CCM saying his goal is an NCAA berth?

So, you didn't say it, but you said it?

This is what we've got to look forward to guys, the bandwagon dumba$$es

He doesn't sound like a bandwagon fan to me.

I also don't think he deserved the amount of sarcasm and BS in response to his opening post and, regardless, if folks don't like it they seem to fail the ability to to "not" reply.

Anyway, to the OP- I feel like they need to get past the first round of the NCAA. If Martin can't get past the first round of the 2A's with the depth and talent he has then I doubt he'll ever get it done as a HC of a major program.

No, I am saying that CCM is setting the goal at only making the Tournament! you have to set the goal high where you could reach it, but it's a stretch. otherwise, what's the point of the goal?

Please show me a quote where he said that?

I also don't think he deserved the amount of sarcasm and BS in response to his opening post and, regardless, if folks don't like it they seem to fail the ability to to "not" reply.

Anyway, to the OP- I feel like they need to get past the first round of the NCAA. If Martin can't get past the first round of the 2A's with the depth and talent he has then I doubt he'll ever get it done as a HC of a major program.

It may just be me, but I don't feel like we ALL responded immediately with sarcasm and BS. I tried to genuinely answer, to which he responded with a defensive and combative approach.

Also, when your opening post begins with challenging people's understanding of the English language, it likely will illicit those type responses.

Nobody was giving him BS and sarcasm. If you go back to the original post and the replies they were all within the realm of discussion.

Just want to point out that OP said he doesn't keep up closely with bball, but has the opinion that the goal should be Elite 8.

Haha, yep. I read the first page and then skipped to the last of this thread. Can't stomach the whole thing. I think most regulars in this forum would tell you that you have to look at the season as a whole. I think we expect 20+ wins and a good showing in the NCAAT. You decide what a "good showing" is, but things can get strange in the tournament. Luck is partly involved. Matchups by the committee, injuries, upsets all have to be considered. JMO.

With all this talent, I think we'll go as far as we can.
Add some breaks , biased officials and some luck and we could go even farther.

Anything less than a sweet 16 appearance will be considered a disappointment.......IMO

Internet tough guy, watch out, he ain't skerrred.
FTR, you started the DA attack yourself with this comment. "This is what we've got to look forward to guys, the bandwagon dumba$$es"

If you had a clue who itsgr82batnvol is you would never include him among bandwagon fans. He has done more for UT than you ever will and I guarantee you, if you ever disrespected him in person like you did here, you wouldn't do it again. And the same goes for the rest in your click.

If we kick some Xavier ass to the tune of 25-30, get out da' way.
We could be cookin some Cat in dey own oven dis season.
Don't ask. I'm ready.

FTR, you started the DA attack yourself with this comment. "This is what we've got to look forward to guys, the bandwagon dumba$$es"

If you had a clue who itsgr82batnvol is you would never include him among bandwagon fans. He has done more for UT than you ever will and I guarantee you, if you ever disrespected him in person like you did here, you wouldn't do it again. And the same goes for the rest in your click.

Clique IMO.

Why does it matter who he is?

Weird coming from somebody that has the same IP address as him.

Reactions: 6 people

My what ?

VN Store

Back