Makes you wonder what Candy would've done...

That 33 actually makes me barf a little. We're only 42 games better than them? Gross.

Most of Candy's wins came early in the rivalry when the commode doors were "decent." Then Neyland was hired to plunge the commodes. (Sorry that makes it sound like the General was a janitor.) Not that there is anything wrong with janitors it just the General wasn't one. Of course, back then coaches may have been involved in every "asspect" of the game.

Last edited:
Make our team wear one once a week for a year to remind them Vandy whipped their tail!

This year's Vol team was taken to the woodshed by Vanderbilt and beaten so badly that the scars and wounds will last a lifetime.
Vandy beat the living **** out of dem hapless vowels and then some!

That was bad, but I consider the loss to Wyoming as the worst ever in my lifetime. That was miserable to watch.

I was there and considered it payback to Mikey for firing CPF earlier that week -- and particularly to the Legions of the Miserable (aka, NegaVols) who he listened to.

I was there and considered it payback to Mikey for firing CPF earlier that week -- and particularly to the Legions of the Miserable (aka, NegaVols) who he listened to.

I don't think Mikey worried to much about it as he eventually rode out of here with his lottery ticket. The fans on the other hand have suffered ever since.

I don't understand the need to pull Superman's cape by some VN folks. They've kicked our donks the last few years. Let sleeping dogs lie until we turn this thing around, sheesh I want to forget the horror of it all.

Probably a Candy troll over here. Their 6 hardcore fans read VN all the time and it's easy for them to register over here -- unlike their little echo chamber.

We should never call them anything BUT Candy because it drives them crazy, even though they invite it by referring to themselves as "Vandy." Even used to be on the side of their helmets. They sure as heck call us a lot worse.
They have a fan site???
GBO!!

That game still haunts my dreams. The worst loss I've experienced in my 30 plus years of fandom

The stat that makes that loss so much worse. From 95-98, 4 seasons, UT lost 5 games. #1 UF, #2 Nebraksa, #4 UF, #4 UF, and wtf Memphis. Over this stretch we beat 14 ranked teams, 6 in the top 10.

Reactions: dduncan4163
That was bad, but I consider the loss to Wyoming as the worst ever in my lifetime. That was miserable to watch.
The Wyoming game didn't bother me because Fulmer was being forced out and I figured the team would look atrocious. It sucked but the 96 Memphis and 2001 SEC Championshp game were on levels all their own.

I don't understand the need to pull Superman's cape by some VN folks. They've kicked our donks the last few years. Let sleeping dogs lie until we turn this thing around, sheesh I want to forget the horror of it all.
Yeah but little brother will always be little brother.

Be glad this is a big deal to them. If the streak gets long enough that they stop making shirts, then you have a problem.

Make fun of Vandy all you want but kids 13 and under think thry own TN and there are 4 Vandy flags in my neighborhood hanging and no UT flags.

One guy installed a damn bell he rings when they score.

If UT doesn’t get it together, Nashville is going to have more black and gold than orange.

From left, the Vandy-MTSU game, VU-South Carolina game, VU-Ole Miss game, VU-UT game.

Somehow, I don't think there's any danger of Candy fans outnumbering Tennessee fans in Nashville anytime in this century.

IMG_3493.JPG IMG_3563.JPG IMG_4076.JPG IMG_4085.JPG

One of the six fans here. Vandy education or Tennessee degree. If you have any sense and your kid was good enough to play in the SEC, there really isn't a question for the past 5-7 years where you would want your kid to go. Got to think further along then the next four years and with the lack of player development it is no wonder the best players are leaving the state or getting that next 40 year degree.

We should be quiet. Franklin changed them and if that administration ever put money into that program they could become a large thorn in everyones side. Facts are Facts the past does not matter.
It's been a long time since Vandy lost to UT.

95,472,000 seconds
1,591,200 minutes
26,520 hours
1105 days
157 weeks and 6 days

Vanderbilt knew all they had to do was beat Tennessee this season to play against Jalen Hurd's team Baylor which also made a bowl game.

VN Store

Back