Make it happen

I would love to have Petersen as coach but
Dan Hawkins left Boise in good shape before Petersen took over.
Hawkins was 53-11. with 4 WAC titles.
And what did Hawkins do when he went to Colorado?

Petersen took Boise St to even higher levels than Hawkins did. Then compare what Petersen did at Washington compared to what Hawkins did at Colorado.

If Herman couldn’t cut it at Texas then he won’t cut it here
That's the crazy thing, he really didn't do a bad job at Texas...He didn't have them competing for national titles like they're used to, but he also firmly reestablished the foundation after what Charlie and later years Mack had done to deteriorate it in the years that preceded his hire...He might of eventually won even bigger, but his personality seemed to rub folks around there the wrong way as well...Y'all could do a hell of lot worse if he'd be willing to come, especially if sanctions are coming and none of the other big names would touch the job.

Since when did Tennessee become a harder job than Texas? That is possibly the hardest job in collage sports by far. With everything that goes on at Texas with the booster and it has been said the other night of how far left politically the city of Austin has becoming making it even harder I don't see Tennessee being harder job just my opinion.
Not to get into social or socioeconomic topics, but in terms of recruiting young athletes in 2021, the exact inverse of what I bolded is true.

That's the crazy thing, he really didn't do a bad job at Texas...He didn't have them competing for national titles like they're used to, but he also firmly reestablished the foundation after what Charlie and later years Mack had done to deteriorate it in the years that preceded his hire...He might of eventually won even bigger, but his personality seemed to rub folks around there the wrong way as well...Y'all could do a hell of lot worse if he'd be willing to come, especially if sanctions are coming and none of the other big names would touch the job.
Competing for national titles like they're used to? They last won one in 2005 and prior to that their last one was in 1970. They haven't played for one since 2009 and have not made the college football playoff. The problem could be is that their fanbase has unrealistic expectations like most fanbases today.

I think Herman did a great job at Texas and could do great things here. He had Texas winning but that is just not enough for their fanbase.

If Tee wasn't a VFL he wouldn't get a mention by anybody on this site. He may have been in a unwinnable situation with Pruitt but I really didn't see much if any improvement in the WR's.
How many recruits did Tee Martin land at Tennessee?

He did the bare minimum after getting bumped out of the coaches box.

YAC Johnson was a better WR coach and recruiter.

VN Store

Back