WR/RC- Tee Martin (600k)
TE- Larry Porter (600k)
OL- Ed Warniner (650k)
DL- Rodney Garner (750k)
CB- Jay Valai (500k)
S- Bill Busch (500k)
STC- Doug Shearer (400k)
Change Herman for Petersen

Why do people think Peterson would be successful here? He’s always been on the west coach and has been out of football all together for several years now. I’d be way more excited about kiffin or freeze
Petersen retired a little over a year ago.

Reactions: BIGAL27
Why do people think Peterson would be successful here? He’s always been on the west coach and has been out of football all together for several years now. I’d be way more excited about kiffin or freeze
Petersen knows how to run a clean program, only been out a year and knows how to outsmart coaches look at his winning percentage, exactly what we need, I mean he built and made Boise St relevant then did the same at Washington

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGAL27
If Herman couldn’t cut it at Texas then he won’t cut it here

Herman was turning Texas around albeit more slowly than some boosters wanted. Look at the improvement from Charlie Strongs teams to his. They were turning the corner. He had 3 straight top 10 recruiting classes and the AD wanted him back this year. Unfortunately, he got caught up in the politics of Texas football and was placed in a no win situation which lead to him being fired. I think he would absolutely be a homerun hire here however, I could see where his progressive views and personality might not mesh with the powers that be at Tennessee

If Herman couldn’t cut it at Texas then he won’t cut it here
Since when did Tennessee become a harder job than Texas? That is possibly the hardest job in collage sports by far. With everything that goes on at Texas with the booster and it has been said the other night of how far left politically the city of Austin has becoming making it even harder I don't see Tennessee being harder job just my opinion.

Reactions: onevol74
Since when did Tennessee become a harder job than Texas? That is possibly the hardest job in collage sports by far. With everything that goes on at Texas with the booster and it has been said the other night of how far left politically the city of Austin has becoming making it even harder I don't see Tennessee being harder job just my opinion.
You’re convoluting two things.
It’s a higher profile job, yes. But it’s not harder to win a higher percentage of 12 games there.

Herman didn’t succeed because his poor people skills were not offset by superior coaching. He added little value to that program. His wins over replacement is low

If Tee wasn't a VFL he wouldn't get a mention by anybody on this site. He may have been in a unwinnable situation with Pruitt but I really didn't see much if any improvement in the WR's.
Probably because JP wouldn’t leave him alone.

Petersen knows how to run a clean program, only been out a year and knows how to outsmart coaches look at his winning percentage, exactly what we need, I mean he built and made Boise St relevant then did the same at Washington
I would love to have Petersen as coach but
Dan Hawkins left Boise in good shape before Petersen took over.
Hawkins was 53-11. with 4 WAC titles.

Tom Herman to Tennessee is like Mike Harbaugh to San Francisco.

Personally....I don’t want my Alma Mater turning into UCLA, UC Berkeley, Oregon, or Austin. I lived in LA for 13 years. Been to all those campuses while on the west coast, This guy is so far left. I am far from a Bible thumper too. I’ve seen it Rain Blood at a Slayer concert in Long Beach, Ca. I’m tatt’d, unSainted, and done some crazy $#!T in my time.

I remember this article. Depicting the same cops protecting his liberal @$$ and his players on the sidelines...that he’d only have to worry about a ticket for a U-Turn. They have to worry about being dragged out of their cars and killed for something they said or did.

I want to win football games. People can believe what they want to believe. If the VICE Network got a College Football Game Day Sports Show....Tom Herman could be their Tim Tebow is all I’m saying. This guy is very vocal and East Tennessee is not the bubble of Austin.

Texas Longhorns coach Tom Herman opens up on race relations as his football players speak up in team meeting

Way harder to win at Tennessee. Harder to keep your job at Texas.

VN Store

Back