Make a case for Dan Henning

dan henning is the man. look at what he has done with carolina, he is twice the offensive mastermind as cutcliff. i believe he is our only chance for a quick turnaround.

Henning? He's been passed around so many times. As a Falcons fan I am biased AGAINST him for what little he did here.

You have got to be out of your frigging mind - Dan Henning - give me a break. Ask the old time Falcon administration about your choice and see how fast they laugh at the thought.

We are not going to get an NFL guy for a OC position. No way they take a cut in pay. Maybe the HC but the we have to pay out 6 years to CPF.

Glad you brought this up. I have, but it gets over looked.
Want rid of CPF, :eek:lol: . He's no fool!

CPF, is the man like it or not !

Tennessee is a name that stands on its own. Do not care to look at figures from the current staff, but i'll guess RS was/ is pulling in $250,000 .

Actually, it's a good deal less than that. I think I remember seeing that Sanders makes about $160,000.

wow $160,000 to run the 100th worst offense in the nation, and fulmer getting paid 2.5 million to coach a 3-5 team. both sound like good jobs to me, if you don't get fired now you probably never will.

Originally posted by Jacksonian 5151@Nov 7, 2005 2:52 PM
Why do you think Dan Henning is the right man for the OC job
[snapback]185140[/snapback]​

26 years of Nfl experiance,(coached with Parcells,Shula,Gibbs) his present success is only the tip of the iceberg. The wealth of knowledge he has aqquired over his career would make CPF look and run like Forrest Gump!

Attachments

• hanks8.gif
    hanks8.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
CPF doesn't make $2.5M, he makes $2.05M which is alot less than the figure you threw out there. BTW, considering today's market price Phil is worth every bit of it. Something people better understand, there's not many top coaches, if any, who are going to be willing to spend as much time as PF does criss-crossing the country looking for top FB talent. As Bear Bryant once said "you have got to have the chicken before you make chicken salad".

a bargain for a 3-5 record thats a great deal. and i disagree tennessee is college football, it is true fulmer is a great recruiter, but so is butch davis and he is sitting at home waiting on a job offer. also if he being paid over 2 million he should atleast win the sec sometime this decade.

I'm sorry but hiring Henning would be like going to the old folks home and hiring Uncle Jim. Henning is what 63? I don't think that too many young 19 year old players would receive the enegry level they need from this guy. Cutcliffe is pretty much in the same boat. We need some new blood that will come in a revitalize this offense. :twocents:

I'd go out on a limb and get someone just a wee bit younger so if CPF retired, left, or was fired the new OC could easily transition if need be. Or get an OC who'd sneak in the back door after pushing the coach out the front...oh, wait-that's been done hasn't it?

Well, as a resident of Charlotte, NC and a Panther's fan, no, he can't leave...he's had is bumps in the road here, but the 2nd half of last year and so far this year, he's done a great job with Jake D and the boys...so the accilades, despite all the Falcon haters, are warranted....

But, seriously, he's too old for another lateral move, and he couldn't get the dime he's making now anyway...

VN Store

Back