Major wingate passed away.

He has a surprisingly extensive Wikipedia page that is kind of a mess. Under the "Personal life" section it says, "Parent is Terri Wingate-Cannon. A member of the National Honor Society, received the Who's Who Scholarship Achievement Award. Wingate now coaches the San Diego Bulldogs AAU basketball team in Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA. Got shot twice, once in the head."

I'm not sure if the last part refers to him or his mother. Weird.

Major was part of some really good Tennessee teams. Used to give Joachim Noah fits when they played. I think he was considered one of the top high s hook players in the country in his class when he was a freshman and sophomore in high school but didn’t develop as expected after that. RIP

Reactions: davethevol
It could be fake. The shot twice, once in the head Wikipedia entry is from a year and a half ago. Two hours ago it was edited from he “is” to he “was”. Kind of odd that there’s only a tweet from the high school that he attended his senior year. Hope it’s fake anyway.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
WATE and WBIR have both reported Major’s passing. Neither cites a source. One says he’s 36 and the other says he’s 37.

One article I read said he died of Cancer. I don't remember hearing anything about him having cancer.
I enjoyed watching him play, back before Tennessee Basketball became the popular thing to do. He was a huge factor in Bruce's first season.
I'll always remember the article in the paper with his snakes and dog.

Reactions: Hacksaw

VN Store

Back