Madden 20 out with EA Access this week

Just finished year 2 in franchise with Titans. Won SB. Didnt realize you can upgrade the development trait. Corey Davis now has a superstar development and a superstar ability and I'm pretty close to unlocking a 2nd one. Major plus. Makes me want to keep playing.

It's pretty cool. You only get to play 3 games because you're just playing through the playoffs. And the games are played in the Cowboys stadium. But the uniforms are cool. And theres fight songs.

I know it's Madden and I shouldn't expect much but by god the story especially during the college years is really stupid

Why? Works with other sports games.............the Madden team has just been bad at execution with this one.

It really doesn't work all that great with other sports game as they're all horribly written. The Maddens, NBA 2k (especially the Spike Lee one), & FIFA.

It really doesn't work all that great with other sports game as they're all horribly written. The Maddens, NBA 2k (especially the Spike Lee one), & FIFA.
Maybe not for you.....or really for me, but the NBA story mode and FIFAs is generally well received arent they?

Maybe not for you.....or really for me, but the NBA story mode and FIFAs is generally well received arent they?
My friends and I play 2k year round. It isnt the actual story but the mycareer mode in general. Being able to grind badges and get upgrades and then play against other teams is what's fun.

Spike Lee's 2k story was beyond stupid, and that's putting it kindly lol I cannot fathom for the life of me how he came up with that and thought yeah this is good

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Why madden sucks. It’s cause it’s for kids. They don’t care about football, they care about money. That’s why there is crap pop rap in the game, that’s why they never fix gameplay, that’s why they only care about how the graphics look.

If you watch the trench warfare in madden it’s disgusting. Double hit tackles are still not a thing madden does well in 2019. Fade route animations are still trash. No physics based gameplay, all animation based. It’s not a football simulation, and 2k, even though it’s crap too, is millions of times better of representing its respective sport than madden has ever been. Don’t get me started on player models.

I’m getting off my soapbox and I hope everyone who bought the game enjoys it. I just can’t believe we don’t even have an NBA 2k level game for football in 2019.

Why madden sucks. It’s cause it’s for kids. They don’t care about football, they care about money. That’s why there is crap pop rap in the game, that’s why they never fix gameplay, that’s why they only care about how the graphics look.

If you watch the trench warfare in madden it’s disgusting. Double hit tackles are still not a thing madden does well in 2019. Fade route animations are still trash. No physics based gameplay, all animation based. It’s not a football simulation, and 2k, even though it’s crap too, is millions of times better of representing its respective sport than madden has ever been. Don’t get me started on player models.

I’m getting off my soapbox and I hope everyone who bought the game enjoys it. I just can’t believe we don’t even have an NBA 2k level game for football in 2019.
large_Clint_Eastwood_Gran_Torino.jpg

Jamal Adams forced 6 fumbles in my exhibition game tonight. That’s a lot out of hand.

Madden fans are being held hostage by EA because there is no competition in the market. EA can churn out garbage bc there is no alternative for football gamers. The last time player models were remotely realistic was Madden 2014 (Madden 25). The physics seem more realistic with fewer animations ruining gameplay. Every game since then the players' arms are spaghetti thin and the shoulder pads are disproportionate. Also, the player ankles and feet look completely unrealistic. And then there are the ankle tape spats. They're crap and have been for a long time. Either the guy has a full cast on his leg or has tape on his foot but none on his ankle. For years we have paid $60 for a roster update and a couple of new facemasks. I will no longer buy Madden until vast improvements are made. If you share in similar frustrations, I highly recommend going back and playing Madden 25. It is the only decent version on PS4. My hope is the XFL will put out a decent game that shakes up the market and forces EA to act on a mountain of meaningful, constructive feedback from it's fans and makes massive improvements to Madden. Happy gaming, folks!

Downloaded this one today because I noticed it was on EA Access.

First impression is it may be the worst gameplay of all for Madden and that’s saying something.

VN Store

Back