mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

All kidding aside, I really think that the offense is limited due to Dobbs inconsistent accuracy. Couple that with inconsistent O-line play, you have a very one dimensional and limited play book.
That's fine. But last night game was handled very, very well. I don't think any good coach would've handled much different at all.

we are not going to win big games playing like that, and we didn't this year. we could have jerry rice on one side and dez Bryant on the other and we still won't throw the ball down the field. with debord as OC Tennessee is not going to win big games. if we would have kept bajakian we would have lost maybe one game. most fans that have played football can see this. conservative play calling is not going to win big games. a win is a win I guess, but as I watched the game I came away disappointed with the offense again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tell me this isn't for real. Yeah we sure were throwing bombs and winning huge games last season with ole Bajakian the killer calling plays. Give me a break. Just take a glance at our offensive stats from this season vs last. Mizzou had 26 sacks coming into that game...zero against us. 248 yards on the ground and 13 more minutes time of possession. BJ was a joke. Oh and I did play football. The game plan was to start out grinding the defense into the ground with our physical backs and misdirection. That was obviously working so why get away from it.

And, don't get me wrong, I like Dobbs a lot, but Jerry Rice and Dez Bryant wouldn't be who they are today if they have Josh Dobbs as their quarterback. He played well and made some terrific adjustments while reading the defense, but he overthrew a wide open Josh Smith by like 15 yards.

Sorry, typo. Citadel. Are we really going to argue about that though? Should that make it much better?

A typo would mean an extra letter or an omission, not being clueless as to who South Carolina lost to in proving your point. Kinda opens you up to what you will receive when bashing a staff that has took us from the outhouse to a reputable room in a 4 star hotel. Next year we should be looking at heading on up to the penthouse. And I am of the opinion in backing the coaches until I see regression or losing the team entirely. Neither of which has happened during Butch's stay here.

Happy for the win. Tennessee had no business losing to that team. Butch kept them in the game with his hurry up and punt 2nd half offense, as usual. Butch is 8-9 wins a year, tops. That's fine for many of you guys. It's not for many of us. That's the difference.
Right now is great, but when playing the actual good teams on the schedule, Butch shows his true colors.

Gonna be a fun summer. You guys talking national championship like Butch could ever sniff that....

Whino drive-by ^

Reactions: 1 person
Happy for the win. Tennessee had no business losing to that team. Butch kept them in the game with his hurry up and punt 2nd half offense, as usual. Butch is 8-9 wins a year, tops. That's fine for many of you guys. It's not for many of us. That's the difference.
Right now is great, but when playing the actual good teams on the schedule, Butch shows his true colors.

Gonna be a fun summer. You guys talking national championship like Butch could ever sniff that....

Then why did you pick Mizzou to win?

Making definitive statements as if you have the knowledge to read the future is laughable. Most of us couldn't careless what you believe. We just think you are bad for the program. I wish we could trade some of you console experts in for better fans.

I don't think anyone with sense would pick a national title next year. Gotta be good, healthy and lucky to win those.
But we will be much better next year. I don't see how anyone could think differently.

I still think all of us understated the state of the roster that CBJ inherited from Dudleey. It has taken a long time for the talent level to get close to a SEC level. Even now we still have depth issues in too many areas of the roster. It also limits the schemes we can deploy against most teams. While I'm concerned about the conservative play calling, I still see improvement in all areas. Mahoney has been so criticized by the Negavols, and now we see an improving, successful OL. Their performance against a really talented Mizzou front 7 was an illustration of just how far they have come. The entire coaching staff deserves credit for how far they have brought this team, despite the lack of depth and injuries. But like everyone else, I wish it could have come quicker!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tell me this isn't for real. Yeah we sure were throwing bombs and winning huge games last season with ole Bajakian the killer calling plays. Give me a break. Just take a glance at our offensive stats from this season vs last. Mizzou had 26 sacks coming into that game...zero against us. 248 yards on the ground and 13 more minutes time of possession. BJ was a joke. Oh and I did play football. The game plan was to start out grinding the defense into the ground with our physical backs and misdirection. That was obviously working so why get away from it.

And, don't get me wrong, I like Dobbs a lot, but Jerry Rice and Dez Bryant wouldn't be who they are today if they have Josh Dobbs as their quarterback. He played well and made some terrific adjustments while reading the defense, but he overthrew a wide open Josh Smith by like 15 yards.

then shouldn't there be another QB playing. dobbs looked a lot better when bajakian was calling plays. I don't think he would have coasted and cost us the UF or OU games. regardless we need to upgrade at OC or not much is going to change. the game has past old man river by. also remember at the beginning to the season last year we had stud Worley at QB. who couldn't throw or run.

Reader's posts have a very MedicT tone about them. Very condescending and everyone is stupid.

Not everyone is stupid. But we do have more than our fair share.

I think what I read on another post is pretty spot on. I think we have a lot of Dooley/Kiff PTSD.

UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

How about that great UGA team last night? Needed OT to beat Georgia Southern.

What's funny is all the complaining that the thread title proves this or that. Read it again. I asked why are you mad. I think it's funny that after a damn well played game some of our fans were mad. I simply asked and the bashers went full on NUTS.
Btw still haven't gotten a lot of answers to the question. So ill ask again. Why are you mad after a good win?

Hehe, if only it were this easy to be rid of them. :)

Negavols are:

images

--> 25% trolls from other teams pretending to be Vols fans so they can spin this community up. They will wither away slowly as opportunities to wreak havoc with VN's psyche diminish, but we're not quite there yet.

clipeeyorest2.gif

--> 25% Eeyores who are good people, but simply can not see anything but the worst side of life. Even a half empty glass is way too optimistic for them. They're Vols fans, but very sad ones. They're with us forever.

ptsd.jpg

--> 25% Kiffin/Dooley PTSD victims. These folks will recover with time, and in fact a lot of them are getting over their disorder this season.

and finally...

Streaker-longball.gif

--> 25% Gator/Bama Streakers. These guys and gals aren't going to recover until we beat Florida and/or Bama and end those streaks.

So we're not quite free of the NegaVols community yet, and will never be wholly free of them (there are always Eeyores), but I appreciate the sentiment of the OP. :good!:

Count me as number 4. We should have broken the streak at Florida this year. If not for poor clock management and horrific non adjustments then we should have won that game. For two years in a row I have watched that game be given away. I DO NOT want to be a neutravol but I want to see us get up and smack Florida or Alabama in the face. I am not convinced its going to happen in 2016 either. I am afraid this staff has a ceiling of 8/4 and the only way that improves is to lowet competition levels

Reactions: 2 people
What's funny is all the complaining that the thread title proves this or that. Read it again. I asked why are you mad. I think it's funny that after a damn well played game some of our fans were mad. I simply asked and the bashers went full on NUTS.
Btw still haven't gotten a lot of answers to the question. So ill ask again. Why are you mad after a good win?

I ain't mad, bro.

How about that great UGA team last night? Needed OT to beat Georgia Southern.

Were you mad at UT when bammer lost to Ol Miss? Or when Arkansas lost to Miss St or UF lost to LSU? Or do you only get mad at UT when other teams barely win?

VN Store

Back